Whatever happened to the Lopez case?

by StarTrekAngel 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener
    Could someone please explain what continuation of oral review is? If a judge has already made a decision then how can it continue to be heard? I would have thought that appealing would be the only option.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm pretty sure it's just one side asking for more time before the oral argument.

In this case the judge denied that request.

Please correct me if I'm wrong you lawyers on this forum.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Eh...I think I am wrong...the oral arguments were for the appeal. It is possible that the appeal process is finished.

Maybe, there is only the final decision on the appeal that remains.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I think this means, as one explained, that the appeal hearing is not being given a continuance as the WT seeks. The appeal WILL be heard in February. The WT is not prepared to stand up for its defiance of the court. I think they are trying to wear down the plaintiff. Having recently experienced the same in a domestic issue, I hope that the WT again fails to show up, though I'm sure the hearing would be interesting to see if they actually show up this time. My ex didn't wear me down. He didn't pay his lawyer, thought he could wear me down by begging judge for more time. He didn't, then didn't show as he had no case and knew he'd be humiliated and possibly jailed for perjury.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

If WT Legal presses the issue, the plaintiff's lawyers can just defer to the precedent set in the Campos case and subpoena a GB member's testimony and/or the pedo DB as evidence.

When the WT refuses, they essentially default the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit