Yoga pants parade to protest a mans comments on women's wear.

by ToesUp 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yoga Pants Parade

I guess tight pants Tony isn't the only man that needs to get a life!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

BARRINGTON, R.I. — Women clad in yoga pants plan to parade through a coastal Rhode Island town in protest of a man who said the attire looks tacky and ridiculous.

The women plan to hold a parade Sunday in Barrington to show they can wear whatever they want.

Their outrage is in response to a letter that town resident Alan Sorrentino wrote to the Barrington Times about his dislike of yoga pants. He said women over age 20 shouldn't wear them.

"Yoga pants belong in the yoga studio," he wrote. "What's next? Wearing a "Speedo" to the supermarket? Imagine if men did that. Yuck!"

Sorrentino wrote that it's "bizarre and disturbing" to see the outfits on "mature, adult women," noting that it's "usually paired with a blousy top and a pony tail hairdo." He said it's the worst thing to happen in women's fashion since the miniskirt. He said women should wear a "nice pair of tailored slacks" or jeans instead.

He told women who wear yoga pants that he's struggling with his own physicality as he ages and said, "I don't want to struggle with yours." He didn't return a call for comment Friday.

Women in the town and around Rhode Island have called the comments sexist and are planning to parade down his street.

In a Facebook page to promote the parade , women from as far as Texas and Australia said they'll wear yoga pants on Sunday in a show of solidarity.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He said women over age 20 shouldn't wear them - I'm kinda the opposite.

I think thong underwear should be compulsory for women aged 18 to 35.

I guess I need to get a life, too!

• jesscd
    jesscd

I am totally giving myself up by saying this - but I lived in the above town many years ago for years and I really can't believe this has made national news. If you knew the town it is kind of a bit uppity and known by the local kids as Borrington - and this has just made it just that much more of a joke. Us locals are having quite fun with it.

As a mom of two small children - yoga pants are so so comfortable, convenient, and my saving grace - I just might join in the march, but with my own personal anti-TTP agenda.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You had me at "yoga pants"... :smirk:

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Yoga pants are my second skin. Just as comfy as sweatpants but so much more fashionable.

• millie210
    millie210

To me the part that made Sorrentinos statement so insulting is that he categorizes which women should wear them (women under 20).

For example, a physically fit and genetically blessed woman in her 30s (Gisele Bundchen comes to mind) would look aesthetically as good in yoga pants as as a random 20 yr old given to pepsi and jelly donut diet coupled with 16 hours a day gaming and texting (think people of Walmart; random photo)

So his attempt at catogorization? Fail

His reasoning (hes dismayed at his own sagging frame)? Fail

If his thinking process was a self administered IQ test? _________?

Wonder how many JW people will make the connection between this and the "Governing Bodys" (cause they are SO unified you know) official statement on tight pants?

• Saename
    Saename
    a random 20 yr old given to pepsi and jelly donut diet coupled with 16 hours a day gaming and texting

Heresy! Coca-Cola is the only true God!

Image result for cocacola vs pepsi

By the way, I wonder if men are going to protest, too?

Women, get your husbands out onto the streets!

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

noting that it's "usually paired with a blousy top and a pony tail hairdo.

What's wrong with this guy? There's nothing more sexy than yoga pants, "blousy top" and a pony tail IMO.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Why would anyone want to ban yoga pants?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit