What if one of the GB members suddenly needed blood?

by StarTrekAngel 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

There is not much to be analyzed. In a cult enviromment the leader will always look up for himself. He would never hesitate to break every rule to save his own skin. This most likely will and should, by definition, extend to health as well. I am sure that if such situation came up, then he would uphold his right to make a choice that fits his consciousness. Even if that means taking blood and loosing his privileges in the process. Although that would speak mountains of the true strength of his faith, many witnesses would probably see this as if Jehovah is cleaning the ranks of the GB.

However, would they or what if they were to be subjected to the same pressure as everyone else is? What if the HLC gets there first and enforces the no blood card. Point is, would there be any situation where his wishes are handled by a third party that bears no consequence on the outcome and have them think "I am at the hand of this nut-jobs who believed everything we ever told them and now my life is in their hands and they are ready to let me die"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Easy:

They will just takes lots of different fractions at the same time (that end up becoming whole blood again)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They would never need blood as they have ice running through their veins.

But, if they did I'm sure they would get the very best care medical science and money can provide -including a hush-hush blood transfusion because as OUTLAW would say they are rockstar popes after all!

• never a jw
    never a jw

What if we avoid "IFFING" so much in the OP's. That would be so effing great!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

There is an easy way to do that... go to other threads.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

At times past, we have reason to believe that there was significant support for disbanding or completely gutting the policy. Difficult to say where that stands at this time. True believers, including GB members if they fall into this category, are typically deluded as we saw with Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, etc. If so, I would expect them to support it. If they have favored reforming or gutting the policy completely (removing the shunning mechanism), I would not be surprised to see them accept blood if needed to live.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Lee: I would not be surprised to see them accept blood if needed to live.

Maybe. But only if that blood had been processed, synthesized and sterilized.

The GB, along with all true believers, have a blood sharing phobia. They believe that blood from other people is dirty and the blood refusal is more of a fear of contamination than anything else.

What would likely happen, long before a conventional blood transfusion could be offered as an option, is that the GB would have a direct line to the FDA officials and to the military personnel that would be in charge of flying in a special container of whatever blood substitute was the best at the time, regardless of what that substitute was made from. Nothing but the best, sterilized and clean substitute for blood that could be found.

And, if that miracle fluid didn't keep the holy one from death's door...the jworg broadcasting would be all aglow with the leftover rapture glitter left behind as another chosen one made their exit to the holy realms of Christ's presence.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

You'd have to know each of them. If Jehovah had wanted to exempt the medical use of blood when He gave His law, how would He have done it? He couldn't have! So their argument is ridiculous. If they're really plugged in to the power Cosmic, God could let them know that medical uses for blood were okay, but that "spirit cooking" is out! And if they're not plugged in, what good are they? They're supposed to be the faithful and wise servant, but instead are blind guides leading the blind! They can tell us that government suppression of Bible students in 1919 was the fulfillment of Revelation 11's two prophets being slain on the streets of Jerusalem, but they can't tell the people whether the medical use of blood is permissible. Amazing!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They are assured of life in heaven. Let them go for it.

• Wayward
    Wayward

Back in the 60s organ transplants were banned for being 'cannibalism'. Then suddenly the policy changed and organ transplants were ok. No explanation given for the flippity flop. I suspect one of the GB needed a transplant and presto chango! the light got brighter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit