Did they mean to say the F word here?

by ILoveTTATT2 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

This is from the Golden Age, August 5, 1931. It is related to an article denouncing the entire medical profession. I wonder if they meant to say the F word but didn´t dare to.

Fudge!

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe, but it seems more likely that it was some sort of slang term like "swell" or "hepcat" or "23 skiddoo".

It's more alarming that they condemn the entire medical profession. Just goes to show how off-the-rails Rutherford & Woodworth were.

• Onager
    Onager

Fudge means nonsense in that context doesn't it? Like when you fudge the numbers. The numbers are made up nonsense.

• jhine
    jhine

This is absolutely verified and correct ? Wow .

Jan

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

There's a typo in this Golden Age snippet. The LEFT-DOUBLE-TOP-QUOTATION-MARK is missing before:
    children of the Sun
    It should rather read:
    [...] These readers know the truth about the politicians, who also descended from the same line of “children of God” or “children of the Sun” [...]

Typos are extremely rare in Watchtower literature. So, I chime in with Jhine, asking -- Is it verified and correct?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    amiableatheist: So, I chime in with Jhine, asking -- Is it verified and correct?

It is possible to download the 1931 Golden Age from faithleaks:

https://faithleaks.org/wiki/index.php?title=File:G_E_19310000.pdf

And, yes...the quote in the op is authentic and correct. Apparently, the proofreading wasn't as perfect as some would expect it to be.

I copied this from the above link - it is identical to the OP

*to add: this is the paragraph that precedes the above:

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Typical denunciation of outside human endeavors by the WTS., humanity would be better off coming under their direction and guidance, after all we adhere to the spoken word of god the bible.

........Oh Fudge

We are the truth, righteous wholesome and true , Jehovah god's chosen ones.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Their ignorance trully knows no bounds. They clearly don't understand that a doctorate merely indicates the length and level of study and doesn't have to be related to a medical degree or M.D.

I shudder to think of the deaths caused Russell's dislike of education.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This article is typical of dozens (hundreds?) of articles in the Golden Age/Consolation magazine that were anti-vaccine, anti-doctor and anti-medicine.

IMO, it formed the thinking of most older witnesses, even though the WT eventually abandoned it's anti-vaccine/doctor/medicine stance; the old thinking was not easy for people to abandon.

They passed it on to their children, who may be passing it on their children.

In 2009, I got a forwarded email attacking the H1N1 vaccine, originating from a quack Witness chiropractor in SD.

I called his office, his secretary answered and later he called me back.

I asked him if he sent an opposing opinion to balance the falsehoods in the email.

He said no, that he did not appreciate me calling and harassing his secretary (I had asked her only if they sent out this email and she said they did).

He also said that 2 of his elders were listening to the call; I said that's fine and he was welcome to call mine.

He said that he never had been vaccinated, and his children hadn't either.

Old ideas die hard, the WT's crazy anti-science stance of the 30's still resonates today in some of the older ones.

Here is the email:

Subject: What's in the Flu vaccine
    To:
    Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:23 PM

Friends,

I received this today from the brothers at Alt Med Services in Blackhawk, SD. I trust their reliability as brothers, and the fact that there are several kinds of blood in the vaccine will be of concern to all of Jehovah's people.

Bill

http://articles/. mercola.com/ sites/articles/ archive/2001/20
    03/07/vaccine- ingredients. aspx

According to the above site, done by a Medical Doctor, this is what is in the "Swine-Flu" Vaccine:
    aluminum hydroxide
    aluminum phosphate
    ammonium sulfate
    amphotericin B
    animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
    dog kidney, monkey kidney,
    chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
    calf (bovine) serum
    betapropiolactone
    fetal bovine serum
    formaldehyde
    formalin
    gelatin
    glycerol
    human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
    hydrolized gelatin
    monosodium glutamate (MSG)
    neomycin
    neomycin sulfate
    phenol red indicator
    phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
    potassium diphosphate
    potassium monophosphate
    polymyxin B
    polysorbate 20
    polysorbate 80
    porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
    residual MRC5 proteins
    sorbitol
    sucrose
    thimerosal (mercury)
    tri(n)butylphosphat e,
    VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells
    washed sheep red blood cells

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Jehovah’s Witnesses ... fudging! the Scriptures since 1874.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit