ARRGHH I don't know what to get her for christmas!!!! HELP!!!!

by avishai 25 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

DAMMITT!!! I am so bad at the gift thing, anyone else? I feel being raised as a dub has'nt helped with this. My fiance & I have been together for three years, have a child, she's 26, a hairdresser. Likes some of the vintage clothes I get her, other times we agree to disagree. I'm getting her a microwave, possibly a washing machine, but those are practical gifts for the family. I suck so bad at getting gifts, seriously. HELP

• Valis
    Valis

Maybe some vintage jewelry to go along w/the vintage clothes?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• avishai
    avishai

Good idea.....Any more?

• Valis
    Valis

It doesn't sound very personal, but maybe a day spa...the whole works?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• tink
    tink

it's so hard to tell what she'd like to get without knowing her, and the best gifts are not generic any-woman-would-have-wanted-this gifts, in my opinion; they have to be more personal, and show that you put a lot of thought and effort into them. has she dropped any hints?

having said that, the best present my boyfriend ever got me was my MP3 player last christmas. it was exactly what i never knew i always wanted. i didn't even know what it was when i opened it, and i'm telling you, that little device has brought me ENDLESS hours of joy and entertainment. best present ever. i enjoy it far more than any of the jewelry or clothing i received.

• tink
    tink
    but maybe a day spa

you know that's a pretty good one actually, my mom got a day at the spa thing one time and it was so nice for her to get a break from us kids and just spend time being pampered and spoiled. moms definitely deserve it.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Does she collect anything?

I think the vintage jewelry is a great idea..

I'd love some myself.. hmmmm... how do I get my bf to read this??.. lol

all kidding aside.. I think you are right about us not being prepared to know what to do for gifts. I am feeling the same way with my first Xmas being this year.. lost.. that is for sure.

oh.. the spa is a great idea too.. a massage.. a day of pampering.. what woman wouldn't love that..

• avishai
    avishai

That's a good one, tink, she's always complaining about her cd player messing up at the gym.

• Valis
    Valis

dude...get her an IPOD. Holds 1280 songs...very small and compact..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• tink
    tink
    she's always complaining about her cd player messing up at the gym.

see that's exactly what my boyfriend said. i was like, um, hon, it's great, but why did you get it for me???? and he said well, you know how you were saying you can't listen to CD's and run at the same time? forget about that, this thing rocks and i figured you'd like to use it at the gym/on the track. and he was so right. it makes such a difference not having to worry about your music skipping or bringing a bulky walkman or CD player to the gym, and the batteries last forever, mine only takes one AAA battery and it's very efficient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit