"We never solicit donations" - really?

by doubtfull1799 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

During my Protestant Church membership, the sextant would come home to collect the membership fee for my family. We cannot avoid that. In addition there would be a passing of plate in every service, for money.

In that manner the WT is far better.

• alanv
    alanv

I used to pay for literature, but never put any money into the contribution box. I felt my time was more than enough.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The number and amount of legacies left to Watchtower in Britain is significant. Some are six figure numbers.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The very first WT said that "we will never beg nor solicit for funds....if the Almighty stops bringing in the funds, we will know his blessing is not on the work" (paraphrased)

Funny how they have consistently begged and solicited for funds though...AND the "Almighty" has still NOT brought in enough funds! Hmmm....

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I wonder if Watchtower will soon carry an article that includes Bitcoin donations. Bitcoin will still be legal tender on the new system.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks for the research D1799, I appreciate the effort!

2015, a remarkable increase of donation articles... also the year of the ARC...wow!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello D1799 and all the others,

many thanks for the excellent research. Very useful

in contrast with the statement "we will never beg nor solicit for funds..."

Pinocchio at his best...!

Greetings to all

JC MacHislopp

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

More WT double speak! We did not donate much when we were in and now we donate NO money or time.

LURKERS: IF WATCHTOWER IS HOLDING YOU HOSTAGE WITH THE THREAT OF LOOSING YOUR FAMILY, VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS! HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS ($$$$)!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DREARYWEATHER:

The problem is that those other religions that pass around collection plates are NOT bashing college or shunning people who have a career. But, this is what the JW religion does!!!

Do you think a religion that criticizes people for having a full time job deserves anything from them? I certainly don’t.

I was raised Catholic and know the collection plate well. We had a box of envelopes (probably with an identifying number). Every Sunday either me or my Mom (if she came to Mass with me and my siblings) would put the envelope with a dollar in the basket on a stick that was passed down the pews. Dad never came to church except for occasions like weddings and funerals.

I don’t think anybody felt “pressured” to put anything in the basket.. But, we attended the Catholic school there so we did our minimum with the envelopes. The Catholic Church did much for the community. Now, contrast that with the ZERO that the Witnesses do - and “free” indoctrination/litter-ature studies don’t count.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit