JWs and breach of private employer info

by journalist 17 Replies latest watchtower medical

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    Also, she knew personally that the sister was single, thus raising the possibility of fornication.

POSSIBILITY??

• avishai
    avishai
    Also, she knew personally that the sister was single, thus raising the possibility of fornication.
    POSSIBILITY??

What if she was raped? Oh, I forgot. If she did'nt scream, yeah, then to the elders, it was fornication, she must have asked for it. Sick bastards.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    There is a great example in Ray Franz' book, I think it's "in search of christian freedom"

Yep. In Search of Christian Freedom, pages 364-7. The story is from Medical Economics of Aug 19, 1985, and the doctor in question was Dr. Gerald L. Bullock.

• shamus
    shamus

Blondie,

True, one can do that. It is posted also. The thing is that she was NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT COURT BUSINESS ON HER OWN TIME! (sorry, i'm not yelling at you). It is a definite overstepping of her boundaries, and she was not to speak of anything that happened there.

She, however, felt that she was above the law, because the person was a "witness". Nothing shocking there.

• blondie
    blondie

Shamus, so you are saying that it was the office/court rule/policy that employees not discuss nonconfidential court information outside the office? Wow, that is strict. We could never discuss open court cases, but any that could be accessed in the court records/files .... I guess I don't get what you're saying in spite of the all caps.

Of course, there is generic gossip and sharing information that is true but not upbuilding but I always felt that was a social thing.

Blondie

• Gadget
    Gadget

That article was interesting, in the UK it is illegal to incite a person to break the law. This law was used against the Prison Officers Association in spring 2002. The union encouraged its members to take industrial action(Illegal for prison officers in the UK), and had a court injuction against it stating that unless they publicly recinded this then they themselves would be going to prison for breaking it. The same law would stand against the article quoted above, and there are a lot of witnesses I know that work under the Official Secrets act who this would involve.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

The province of Alberta is making steps to introduce a computerized system of health information including results of laboratory tests. The powers that be have emphasized that all information will be totally confidential and access will be strictly controlled, regulated and enforced. I am very cynical about the effectiveness of the regulations and I have enormous concerns about all this.

What if some 15 year old JW girl had a record of a negative pregnancy test? Now, that pregnancy test MUST be done, even if the girl is a virgin, before Accutane, a drug to treat acne, is ordered by a doctor. What if someone who should not have, accessed the site and saw the test and decided that this meant that the girl was sexually active, and reported her to elders?

I feel that the people who set up this system are very naive about thinking that someone's ethics at work will outweigh the obligations placed on them by the Watchtower.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is a brochure on how the Health Information Act is expected to operate.

http://www.health.gov.ab.ca/public/document/HealthInformationAct/HIAHow.pdf

A "custodian" of confidential information can be held personally responsible for releasing information inappropriately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit