What is the best debate you've ever read on this board...

by The Rebel 51 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

We just have to agree to differ, you have your views and I have the correct one.

The Rebel.

• cognac
    cognac
    Hahahahaha @Rebel
  • Caedes
    Caedes

This poster put his name and the date at the bottom, like a copyright. It was a good flow chart. There were a few messages saying 'thank you', 'well done' 'masterful use of logic', etc until another poster pipes up (sorry, can't remember their name either ) and points out that this logic was devised by a certain Greek philosopher (name?!) so the copyright should go.

Ah that would be me as the 'another poster'!

The other guy lost it a bit!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Why I win arguing with Viviane:-

You've never had an argument with me.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    @Viv: "We are Legion." Does that mean FMF can also call Cofty Pumpkin?
    We'll have to consult ourselves and then we'll get back to you on that.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Ah that would be me as the 'another poster'! - I found the thread in question earlier today. Yes, you were indeed the poster who punctured the OP's pomposity.

The other guy lost it a bit! - the other guy came across as an insufferable, verbose bully. Proof positive, if it were needed, that intelligence and stupidity aren't mutually exclusive. I think I myself have a tendency towards bullying and twattishness, but I hope I'm nowhere near as bad as that dude. Sheesh!

• cofty
    cofty

It's not entirely true that I always agree with Viviane but I am wise enough to know my limitations.

Watching others get intellectually mauled by Viv is amusing. Being mauled probably not so much.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I took 4 dislikes for you pumpkin... a record @viv

I think even more often than viviane is right, its most funny just to watch people have too much ego, or whatever you want to call it to just keep going and going and going, then they get frustrated, then it just gets silly. People get on the internet and they lose the ability to say "you know you are right, I never thought of it that way" lol

cofty doesn't strike me as a pumpkin, although definitely a part of the rational-legion. @djs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I took 4 dislikes for you pumpkin... a record @viv

Oh, you shouldn't worry what people on the internet think of you.

Also, how did this become about me?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Define "best."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit