3--2019-New Files Have Arrived!

by Atlantis 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Atlantis & team for the 'New Light'!

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks Atlantis and Petra -- our beautiful Resident Bombshell!

I assume the '2019 BRD Newsletter' is NY -- lots for hard-liners to maintain financially.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    (2) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?”

Me thinks this change in the wording of the 2nd baptismal question and the elimination of the words 'Spirit Directed' will be a major came changer for many a JW already on the fence!

Is it just me? Or, does anyone see the hands of the Legal Dept in the elimination of "Spirit Directed"? Can you imagine someone trying to squeeze out of DF/DA on the "loophole" that the Cong/Borg must prove they are "Spirit Directed" for the old baptismal question to apply?

Or, maybe I'm reading too much into it?

• LV101
    LV101

So those who were baptized under the old "Spirit" lies/claims/promises can consider membership null and void now -- not that I didn't already. What a bunch of charlatans.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Those new questions are huge, they already stated they are not spirit directed so maybe this is going on these same lines. So now your just going to be part of a club no connection with god other then the claim they are Jehovah’s organization yet even that is suspect because they have admitted that Jehovah is not gods name. And they call me crazy.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thanks as always Atlantis. You're gold bro.

My input on the first two documents.

1. Isn't it incredible what organizations can accomplish using wholly committed slaves with free labor to boot?

2. I wonder how many times they had to retake this picture making sure everyone was smiling and waving like puppets.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This topic of the WT tampering/monkeying around with the baptism questions reminds me of a discussion I recently had with a staunch JW elder. This individual was of the opinion that the baptismal questions have always been the same and never changed.

I've since visited jwfacts.com only to find out that from 1946 to 1985 they've altered the wording some 5 or 6 times. And now in May 2019 they've done it again...with another major overhaul of question #2!

Me is planning a return visit to this knucklehead armed with this most recent adjustment. I plan on having another jolly good time planting more seeds of doubt in/on this meat-head!🤣

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

@JW GoneBad

You should record that audio and upload it to YouTube.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Many who visit and see the tremendous scale of the new branch facilities are moved to echo sentiments similar to the Queen of Sheba who was left “completely breathless.”

LOL! Seriously?

Listen, I'm not disputing that the new buildings are thoughtfully designed, reasonably attractive, and no doubt a vast improvement in functionality and environmental awareness.

That being said, being left "completely breathless"? Come on. If that's the case, the average JW must require serious medical assistance after driving through the average suburban corporate campus or office park.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Publishers of Maltese Descent to Assist in Malta: There is a need in Malta for mature brothers and sisters to help stabilize the organization (emphasis mine) and strengthen the field. (Isa. 6:8) The island has a growing population and a relatively small number of publishers.

Interesting. I've not see such a bleak assessment of the need. I wonder if we'll start to see this call go out for other countries where WT is struggling with a lack of mature brothers (e.g. Japan).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit