How long did people like Methuselah really live?

by dubstepped 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• schnell
    schnell

And, to say that humans weren't keeping time quite the same as we do today is somewhat accurate... Except that Genesis was compiled much more recently than that, and at a time of heavy Chaldean and Persian influence. Hence the astrology, or why else would Genesis 1:14 mention not only days and years but signs and sacred times?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

He was married to a colombian chick for 10 years.... hence the myth started it really seemed like 900 years.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ OneEyedJoe...

And Sherlock Holmes is a much more interesting character.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sorry I haven't been around. I asked this and then got super busy with work. It is interesting to see that nobody can come up with anything solid to prove these claims in the Bible. You can't even reason it well, as someone mentioned, a different way of counting time results in children becoming fathers. It just doesn't add up in any way, does it. Like I said in the OP, and Simon reiterated, how do we know Methuselah was even real?

Just another hole in the stories of the Bible.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Noah was 600 when the flood happened, Methuselah was 600 + 369=969. So he died around the time of the flood or he treaded water for a few days. A stupid story I must say, and I believed these stories..

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Meth_use_lah

That's how the writer got the name. Hallucegenically speaking!!!

With lah standing for "laughing _ my_ ass_ high" .

While he COOKS up the yarn!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit