Montana News

by AuntBee 30 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

When you consider the fools in power in the government, are we surprised there are fools in the judiciary?

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Most all judges are fools and idiots. Look at the OJ trail and that idiot judge fawning over Robert Downy Jr at his drug trial. Put up a camera an most of these idiots will start to pose. It was a 7-0 vote from what I read so it does not seem to be a party line type of vote.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Read the second link that explains the court's thought process. There is a loophole in MT law that exempts clergy from reporting. I think the blame here lies with the MT legislator and not the Supreme Court. As I read through the information, I don't see where they would have any choice but to overturn. As disappointing as the judgement is, I understand why the ruled that way.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It's not a total loss. The appellate court did not say "We are reversing this decision because there was no cover up." The court said "We overturned the decision because the current state law in Montana does not make any religious leader a mandatory reporter."

Here's the take away -

1. The abuse did occur.

2. Jehovah's Witnesses leadership chose not to report the abuse.

3. Montana doesn't make any religion report abuse.

You're even more likely to be abused as a child in Montana now than before. It's twice as dangerous to expose your children to any organized religion in Montana.

• Corney
    Corney

Doubting Bro, open-minded people don't bother themselves to read legal documents. They just call judges whose decisions make them unhapy "fools" or, like some redditors, "retarded", and even probably "bribed". Shame on you!

• tiki
    tiki

Montana needs to revisit mandatory abuse reporting enactments....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“The state's high court said in a 7-0 decision Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2020, that the church is not required to report because its doctrine requires that clergy keep reports of child abuse confidential. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File) “

Is that strictly true? Did the High Court know that if an abuser is reinstated, elders may inform other parents of the circumstances and advise them to keep their kids well clear of him? That’s what the ‘Shepherding the Flock book says.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

You know they will take this as Jehovah helping them. LMAO

• LV101
    LV101

CORNEY - I don't think it should be frivolous and iRRelevant when they're under the laws of a tax-free religious organization claiming they're a religion doing no charity. They're a tax-free charity but since they can mention a god's name from Zeus to Pluto/Plato/Playdough, whatever, they RAPE and skate. More of the same good ole boys network running the country. Just sickening. Montana should be kicked out of the union but I'm sure they're not flying solo for the real estate religious rapists in the country.

Just makes me nauseas.

Hope it still cost the evil cult a lot for a hitter law firm but they still got off free. The plaintiffs' attorney(s) (VICTIMS) need to start a go fund me to get the laws changed in these dinasaur lands and pay for billboards re/Watchtower Rapes Children. I'd contribute my last cent!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Unfortunately, it appears that the latest ruling is correct legally even though it's repugnant morally.

I personally would place even more blame on the mother who left the victim in the pedophile's care even though she knew of his propensities and was a previous victim of him herself. Just as guilty is the pedo's wife, because she turned a blind eye.

Still, you would think that any person with a conscience who knew this jerk's history would have placed a discreet call to the cops when the kid started showing up at the meetings with him. Pedos don't get better and they don't stop. They just learn to hide it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit