Do JWs Ever Do Anything Meaningful For Others?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

No, JWs are users and don't give anything meaningful to the community. If they do show what looks like friendliness it is because they are trying to attract people to the religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Do Jehovah's Witnesses do anything useful for the community???

Your smarter than that Minimus, I'm quite sure you already know the answer to that .

• minimus
    minimus

Shhhh some Witnesses might be seeing this thread and get an eye opener!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Back when JWs sounded a warning (the preaching is wimpy now), if they had been right in their predicting the end, then it could be said that they were doing the most meaningful thing they could do for others - spending their time showing them how to survive the end and live forever. However, JWs were wrong; the end did not come as predicted, so what they (including me) did was not meaningful.

Now that I know that JW doctrine/theology is wrong, I can't think of anything meaningful they do for others. I think a lot of individual JWs are sincere in wanting to help others through the preaching work, but as already indicated, that's not helping anybody; the message is watered down and cloaked now and is outright wrong. As for the org, Good God!!! It only looks for ways to take from others - individual JWs and society in general.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I know of one Elder that helped a lot of Brothers and Sisters in the KH. Lent money, let people borrow his car and some other very kind things. The CO received many nice gifts and delicious meals out. I don't believe there are too many caring elders left in the org.

My spouse was laid off a few years back. Not a meal or even a word of encouragement from any Elders. NOTHING!

• minimus
    minimus

They Witnesses are just too darn busy

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"You will know them by their fruits" Wow sooo true..A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love...St. Basil. The fruits from JW organization is rotten, great job GB....

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    James Mixon - "You will know them by their fruits" Wow sooo true..A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

So true James! I guess that's just one of the MANY scriptures the Dubs like to overlook in their favor, but then again I guess they consider knocking on your door a fruitful work, so, one of the scriptures they've twisted around to meet their twisted beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit