Are You An Angry Exjw At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some are almost militant against the religion. Not good to lose perspective!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Still angry when I was growing up and in my teen and young adult years I was not included in the activities that the others were invited too, supposedly because of my lack of interest for da troof and my mother always used to say "well if you were doing what you are supposed to be doing regarding Jehovah you would be invited", yeah, still Hell mad at the young folks in the "only true religion on earth" and their judgmental attitudes..

• millie210
    millie210

Too busy enjoying life outside the organization to be mad. I am SO relieved to have no more meetings, be making real friends and to know the truth about the "truth".

• TMS
    TMS

The anger dissipates. It hurts that I wasted fifty years of life, but, in the last twenty, I utilized whatever acquired skills I had in pursuits I've actually enjoyed.

I've covered political corruption in Texas on a blog with millions of pageviews, gone about homeschooling a precocious eight year old grandson, while caring for my wife through four strokes.

My retirement is not what it could have been monetarily, but adequate.

I feel genuinely respected in my community, more so than in my thirty years as an elder.

This peace was not reached instantly, with years of nightmares reliving unpleasant JW incidents, work conflict at my forty year entry level job, going over my life each night during REM.

What always angered me the most were the things I WISH I had said, the situations I could have handled so much better NOW.

But, that's all gone.

I'm at peace now.

• M3tadata69
    M3tadata69

I used to be very angry at the JWs; once I came to peace that if I was angry with them, I still let them have some control over me. Then I no longer was angry.

Sometimes I still feel anger like when my grandmother or aunt try to use JW teachings on me, but I know I have the TTATT and I’m living MY life the way I want too. That makes me happy.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I’m not angry. But I’m sure glad I woke up from my stupor. I started waking up around 2010, then was really surprised by a talk I heard from Tony Morris. Then in 2012 I felt really bad about the apparent PTSD he displayed when talking about his nightmarish experiences in a Vietnam. Then when he gave his tight pants rant at the 2014 Annual Meeting I realized this lunatic is partially behind some of the insanity forced upon the r & f. Now I realize the other 6 are in no better shape really. I feel some pity toward them, but not much. I feel true empathy for those who have suffered some of the more extreme consequences of following terribly flawed men.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good thread Minimus.

As with all forms of grieving, there is a process:

The stages of grief apply to awakening from the grips of a cult.

There is the Denial, the Anger, the Bargaining, the Depression, and the Acceptance.

Most here on this forum are more level headed than other communities, and have travelled the path of grief.

I look back at my early days here, and see that I am a far more balanced, and hopefully mature person that I was back then...

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Are You An Angry Exjw At This Point In Your Life?

Yes, when i'm angry.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

The second verse of Pink Floyd - Wish you were here often comes to mind after consuming a few medicinal ales -

Did they get you to trade
    Your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for dreams?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    Did you exchange
    A walk on part in the war
    For a lead role in a cage?

Glug glug glug, ah... peace and comfort for now.

• VW.org
    VW.org
    Glug glug glug, ah... peace and comfort for now.

Hang on. I'll be over to join you. Be over in 5 with a slab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit