NEWS❗️: Watchtower lawyer Paul D. Polidoro admits IN WRITING that Watchtower has a "practice of shunning"

by Nathan R. Koppe 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan R. Koppe
    Nathan R. Koppe

NEWS❗️
    Watchtower lawyer Paul D. Polidoro admits IN WRITING that Watchtower has a "practice of shunning"

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Shun Former Members of Their Religion?
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102008083

🤔🧐😏

Original PUBLIC post at
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=650274892103945&id=627052881092813

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well JW`s do speak out of both sides of their mouth .

• cofty
    cofty

The second screenshot is referring to JWs who have 'drifted away' - inactive publishers - not to disfellowshipped persons.

I hate sounding like I am defending the cult but you keep posting terrible arguments. Always quote your opponent in context otherwise you just weaken your own case.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks for posting this Nathan!

I drifted away, eventually found Christ on my own, and told my parents and brothers about it. They told everyone that I was an apostate and that none of the family could associate with me. They never addressed any of my questions or concerns. While never officially disfellowshipped, ex-jw Christians are singled out for very harsh shunning.

So, while those who "drift away" may get thrown a social bone or two now and then, those who come to independent faith in Jesus are quickly labelled "apostate" AND SHUNNED THE HARDEST because they represent the ultimate threat to the cult. Those who drift into atheism, agnosticism, secularism, and almost anything besides bible-bleieving Christianity - not as much from what I've seen.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jesus Is always the biggest threat to Pharisees.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am not disfellowshipped. As my DF'd husband (who stood up against the WT in a child sex abuse case and was DF'd for it) and I were helping my JW mom (and never JW dad) clean up their yard (for months) my JW sister told me "even tho you are not DF'd, we know you are apostate, and you will be shunned!" in a very loud voice.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I drifted away, eventually found Christ on my own

You did?! Wow! Where was he?

• cofty
    cofty

JWs who drift away and then start saying or doing things that contradict the teachings of the cult are likely to be shunned even if the elders have not taken action.

That is different from JWs who have simply become inactive and stopped attending meetings.

• Spiral
    Spiral

"reaching out" in this case just means harassment. Somehow, they think they are so clever publishing stuff like this. And that picture sure looks like a scary elder meeting in the back room.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    I drifted away, eventually found Christ on my own

Congrats! I did too!

@nicolaou, Why do you feel the need to trivialize Sea Breeze's post?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit