Now even the WTBTS is putting me in my proper place....9/1/00, page 3 (various quotes)
1. Can you imagine how much time people spend every year just waiting?
2. Waiting can be very frustrating. (ask my husband)
3. Author Alexander Rose once said: "Half the agony of living is waiting." (That one hurt me.)
4. because they know that pleasing the customer includes cutting down on waiting time. ( I alway come in second place)
5. Waldo Emerson once complained: "How much of human life is lost in waiting!" (poets do write about me, however)
6. Lance Morrow complained about the boredom and physical discomfort of waiting. (my husband talking again...)
7. But then he spoke of "the subtler misery of waiting." (man.....)
8. Sad, but true. Time lost because of waiting is lost forever. (my x-husband talking now)
9. Of course, if life were not so short, waiting would be less of a cause for concern. (as JWs, we have learned life perhaps will be longer than we thought, I'm not a cause.)
10. We normally find waiting easier...(than who?)
11. Yes, waiting is an unavoidable fact of life. (Amen, brother.)
12. REDUCE THE AGONY OF WAITING! (Now, that one really hurt my feelings - I am not that heavy!)
13. Successful waiting is mainly a matter of attitude and forethought. (waiting agrees - that's why she doesn't post too much to SS & Friend)
Gee, I didn't even have to send in my personal experience to the WTBTS's Writing Department - they know me!!!!!
Edited by - waiting on 21 July 2000 19:27:47