Circuit Overseer's Idiotic Comment

by FedUpJW 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

At last night's CLAM the circuit overseer made this comment, "We elders sometimes have to act as judges in the congregation. But we (the elders) are imperfect, and so cannot know everything about judicial matters. That is why we (the elders) have the biblical rule that there must be at least two witnesses to wrongdoing. Sometimes though it is impossible to have two witnesses to a sin, and we (the congregation) may feel that a sin needs to be addressed instead of left in Jehovah's hands. But we need to remember what we read here in (Jeremiah 29:23) . . .“‘“I am the One who knows, and I am a witness,” declares Jehovah.’”

So he concluded that we must support the Two Witness Rule and know that, "eventually Jehovah will address any wrong in his perfect manner."

I guess someone has been asking him about JW policy about pedophiles and he is trying to suppress any questioning.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Ugh. I wonder if (weeee elders) daughter was molested for years by an individual and no 2 witnesses by definition.. if he'd feel the same way.

• blondie
    blondie

No waiting on Jehovah there, the perfect judge, so wrong....where is the scripture?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That is why we (the elders) have the biblical rule that there must be at least two witnesses to wrongdoing.

Sheesh ..... its almost like they are trying to emulate a backward and ignorant civilization that existed 3000 years ago ........... oops wait a second.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

In the latest policy letter. There is no longer the need for two witnesses in order for the abuse to be reported to secular authorities. The two witness rule only applies for sanctions that can be imposed by the congregation.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Do you have a link to that?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That is why we (the elders) have the biblical rule that there must be at least two witnesses to wrongdoing.

Unless Watchtower Property is Vandalized..

Molested Child...2 Witness Rule..

Broken Kingdom Hall Window..No Witnesses Needed..

CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY!..

Image result for Broken window

Image result for idiots!.Image result for JW.org broadcasting stephen lett

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If richard is correct its progress but still not the obvious correct answer. Yes two witness for congregation action is their right but all allegations should be taken to the police, period. Let the police (or appropriate agency) handle it no matter what and whatever the little association of book sellers wants to do is up to them.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Ugh. I wonder if (weeee elders) daughter was molested for years by an individual and no 2 witnesses by definition.. if he'd feel the same way."

I 100% agree. We have witnessed this for years. JW's who are quick to judge BUT when it happens to them that's another story.

We had a friend who was removed as an Elder. Oh my God, you would have thought the world had ended. He was then given his Elder title back. Shortly thereafter, he made the comment, "people who are DF'd feel they have been done wrong." I guess he forgot about how he felt just a few short years before.

Hypocrisy at its highest level. It's always different when the shoe is on the foot.

• kpop
    kpop
    JW's are not known for logic and reasoning ability. The best is when they contradict themselves in a public talk and everyone keeps nodding their heads like robots but then the "weaker" brothers in the back standing around are like, "WTF?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit