JE-sus making a comeback at the 2024 Convention

by dropoffyourkeylee 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Attended the Friday sesson of the 2024 Summer Convention.

July 5, 2024 Summer Convention crowd photo; they invited quite a lot of empty chairs.

The facility usually has 5500-6500. They spun it saying that fewer congregations were assigned. There were 6 of the smaller, more distant sections blocked off with tarps to lessen cleaning, which I understand. It really looked empty. I did a rough estimate by just counting the sections and estimating the number seated in each and came up with about 2000-2500, but they announced attendance was 3000 and 3200 for the two sessions, morning and afternoon.

The session was markedly different than usual. I don't recall the last time I went to any JW meeting or assembly where use of JE-sus name was more prominent than Jehovah. Not Christ, not Jesus Christ, not the Messiah, not the Son, but good old fashioned JE-sus. I had to look around to see if I could see Brother Elmer Gantry anywhere.

They are apparently working up to a video series about the life of Jesus (think the Greatest Man book on video). I think the final song on Sunday will be the Jesus/Mary/Nativity song which made the rounds on this site a month or so ago.

Still, I recall the time when if you talked about Jesus more than Jehovah they labelled it as apostate leaning. I do wonder whether this is a one-time blip on the JW history, or a shift in the religion.

Generally though, the presentation and use of frequent videos made the day a lot more bearable than the typical convention-day-in-hell.

• mann377
    mann377

Jesus made them use the videos so they won't put their foot in their mouth.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Full sect.

Feeling better then ever, outside of it!

Gorby

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, I think those are even bigger empty patches than in the last batch of photos.

😳

You gotta wonder what’s going through the heads of loyalists when they see that firsthand.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They did a heavy Jesus theme convention about 10 years ago. I thought they were going to make a change back then.

• LV101
    LV101

Great photo, DOYKL -- thanks for share. Clearly no wall to wall attendance but, of course, per WT plans. That's hard to believe. Be nice to know how many venues/assembly halls scheduled this yr. for conventions compared to previously.

• skin
    skin
    You gotta wonder what’s going through the heads of loyalists when they see that firsthand.

They will be thinking, "lots of empty seats here, at least we know that all the other conventions that I'm not at will be full".

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

BEST CONVENTION EVEEERRRR!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

My gut feeling is that they are going to decouple Jesus' brothers from the 144,000/annointed and make it solely representative of the FDS, which, we already know, means only the GB.

Showing Jesus in an affectionate light gives them the opportunity to further highlight Jesus' brothers πŸ™„. "Jesus is wonderful, but he's not with us visibly. But his earthly brothers are here and approachable; treat them as you would Jesus himself". (They're future kings, remember? πŸ™„)

If this is what they're up to, they're going to have to eventually address the dilemma of the 144,000 being annointed/Jesus' brothers, and stop πŸ›‘ any memorial attendees from partaking. I foresee* the memorial becoming a live broadcast, in every Kingdom Hall, of the GB partaking.

They're not referring to themselves as a slave so much, anymore, and are emphasising a "right to rule" with the reference to being Christ's brothers and future kings.

Rest assured, this is not about Jesus, but "his brothers". πŸ™„

* This is all speculative, of course. It's one prediction among many of a possible future path for the WT.

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum
    If this is what they're up to, they're going to have to eventually address the dilemma of the 144,000 being annointed/Jesus' brothers, and stop πŸ›‘ any memorial attendees from partaking.

they already do that to some of the 144,000

when i first told the cobe i was anointed, he said "you're mentally ill"

they physically brought me to the dr and told the dr they thought i was crazy

when i flushed the pills (i am not mentally ill) the cobe beat me with a wooden plank

he told me to strip off my clothes first

after that i never partook at the kh but i knew every year i was supposed to

finally twenty years later i told the other elders what the cobe and his wife did

because some other stuff happened and i was worried they would hurt some kids

the gb knew what went on because mark sanderson's secretary came to one of my "shepherding" calls - he was from my kh

anyway, there is a lot more to say but many people here don't believe in jehovah so no matter what i say someone will call me "crazy"

(i'm not crazy)

but the gb are jealous - they know jehovah is the true god

the wt hierarchy are satanists

they are satanists

and they have been attempting to prevent the 144,000 from keeping integrity, but they failed

so now satan will eat his own flesh, figuratively speaking

it is the judgment of jehovah

the wt will fall

the 144,000 are all sealed

jesus has taken the throne in heaven

and the great tribulation has begun

the wt will fall

it is the judgment of jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit