Do You Recall WT radio Dramas? (PSA's about 13 min)

by Wasanelder Once 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

In the 1960's and early 70's there were WT dramas on subjects of morality sent to radio stations to fulfill their required block of religious broadcasts. The familiar voices are there in the dramas. Do you remember them? I inherited all of them on reel to reel in the 1980's. I put them on cassette years ago and am digitizing them now. I hope this clip will upload. There were Also public talks of 15 minute lengths on there also. They were so canned and boring.

I guess I can't post it from my computer. I will have to put them on YouTube so I can link them, sorry.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Are these the Frank and Earnest shows?

I have very vague memories of WBBR on Staten Island. I was never there, but do recall at least one occasion when I heard a coupla idjits talking "Bible this" and "Bible that" Iwas probably 8 years old and they did not seize my interest at that time.

Now, though, they might prove an interesting diversion.

Are you going to sell copies or host them on a website?

My bad. Frank and Earnest were a couple of DAWN BIBLE STUDENTS guys, not JWs. Those old-time radidio shows can be had here:

http://www.dawnbible.com/f_e/f_e.htm

• Nathan Natas
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I remember them.

I also recall those late-night PSA's on TV voiced by J. R. Brown.

Sylvia

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

This is the first I have ever heard of these things!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I remember them. We had the reel to reel tape recordings at the time and my father had the job to take them down to the radio station. They were really boring, as I recall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit