There is a possibility of more people (JWS) dying from suicide than from refusing a blood transfusion !

by Finkelstein 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I just recently heard of another person (JWS) taking their life by suicide, a woman in her 30's.

Sheesh, reflecting back upon all the other past JWS that unfortunately did this, it creates an unnerving acknowledgement, JWS are more likely to die from suicide than from refusing a blood transfusion.

I remember going back to the 1970's there were occurrences of people who I knew who were associated with the JWS in one way or another committing suicide.

At the time I thought well people will do that just like the rest of the general population, not taking notice about the association with the JWS. But now I do see a connection in knowing of how people are mentally entrapped by this religoius cult in their psychological mind set and sociological behavior.

I find it a bit disturbing in the realization just how many JWS do this regrettable act.

Over all the numbers in comparison of ones who died from refusing a BT has to be greater on a year to year basis. Of course these incidences dont get the media attention like when a JWS is trying to stop a BT and it goes before the courts.

Sad but just another involving problem of what happens to people who somehow get themselves involved with the JWS religion/cult.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FINKELSTEIN:

I recently heard of one too.

Over the years I heard of a few. I always suspected the unhealthy teachings figured into these people doing what they did. I wonder if the fact that ‘Armageddon’ isn’t here yet has made people despondent because they’ve waited too long for their promised ‘paradise’!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That's a possibility LHG , I'm sure there other mitigating circumstances in these peoples personal lives besides the JWs promises not being fulfilled.

The JWs religion with its strict regulations and oppression might even be responsible for created people's depression, anxiety and helplessness .

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The minute I realised there was a deal-breaking false teaching, I felt overwhelmingly this false teaching had messed with the mind of a kind but simple woman I knew. She killed herself. I felt deep pity for her.

• LV101
    LV101

Perhaps the Oxygen show on in few hours tonight will reveal some facts - it's called the The Witnesses and is on at 6 or 7 Central time. In the cable directory something was also entitled, Deadly Cults, but that could have been something else (sounds WT to me) on the Oxygen channel. If you don't have the Oxygen channel you can view it or call in on Rick Ferron's show - can't remember the name of his website as I don't follow but it was on Facebook. If I find the name and anyone is interested I'll post.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    But now I do see a connection in knowing of how people are mentally entrapped by this religious cult in their psychological mind set and sociological behavior.

Finkelstein: I totally agree with this statement! The mental toll this religion has on all its members is overwhelming. Some members have no choice but to leave the Watchtower Society to regain their sanity. Some members stay for family, but it takes a physical and mental toll.

I believe that unless someone leaves a suicide note...it is pure speculation on everyone's part on why someone takes their life.

Suicide data:

Close to 800,000 people die due to suicide every year, which is one person every 40 seconds. Suicide is a global phenomenon and occurs throughout the lifespan. Effective and evidence-based interventions can be implemented at population, sub-population and individual levels to prevent suicide and suicide attempts. There are indications that for each adult who died by suicide there may have been more than 20 others attempting suicide.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

That Oxygen show on JWs is on now and I just switched it on. 👍🏻👍🏻 I’m sure it will be rerun!

Hooray! More people in the public will now know. The Witnesses’ phony veneer of righteousness is being stripped away.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG --- Awesome! Can't wait but think it's on at 7:00 here. Something else was one a few minutes ago one Oxygen - different time zones. I just reminded my friend who works at big mall with JWs -- a few are left in mall, I think, that she's friends with. Would be great if the lock-steppers would watch it - can you imagine.

• skin
    skin

I don't recall any JW I've know to die from not taking blood, unfortunately I cant say the same with suicide.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Anybody here in Australia that can point to if and when it may be taken up by a channell to watch it here ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit