Has there been New Light regarding Apostates?

by Athanasius 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Yesterday my girlfriend and I were walking to our car in a shopping mall parking lot when an elder and his wife drove up. Instead of running us down with his automobile, he stopped and let us cross. He and his wife even smiled at us. Several years ago my ex-fiancee and I met this same elder and his wife inside the mall. I said hello, but he just snarled with eyes filled with hate and walked right by us without acknowleging my greeting. His wife did the same. They were always gung-ho JWs, so I am puzzled about their change of attitude. Has the Watch Tower Vatican issued any new instructions that I am not aware of?

Interestingly my girlfriend understands what it is like to live as a JW, even though she is Orthodox and was never a JW herself. She is Russian and lived under the Communist system for 42 years. Could there be a Watch Tower Gorbachev waiting in the wings?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You say it's been 'several years' since you last bumped into this elder and his wife. Are you sure he's still an elder? Sounds to me as if he is a little more understanding of your positon now than hew was back then.

Maybe he got connected to the 'net since you last saw him or maybe he and his wife had just been doing the 'bad thing' while parked up and you caught them in their post coital contentment.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Even if there were a subtle change in the shunning doctrine, I doubt that many JW's would quickly change. After all they have been trained so long that former JW's are evil and dangerous to their hope of eternal life.

Twice within the last 5 months, I have been directly shunned by JW's who used to be good friends. I came across each of those friends (and their wives) unexpectedly in public places.So I doubt the JW's have "seen new light".

If anything, after the August 2002 Kingdom Ministry insert instructing loyal JW's to avoid contact even with family members who are former JW's, things are getting more strict in their closed society.

• gumby
    gumby

There has been no change.

Apostates are still heathen white trash bastards!

You would know about it by now, were there a change......believe me. The magazine articles are as strong as ever about protecting yourselves from the snares of apostates. Assembly talks always deal with the subject. The apostates are hotter than ever, and for the society to lighten their stand concerning them, they would cut their own throats.( my....that has a nice ring to it)

Gumby

• yxl1
    yxl1
    Apostates are still heathen white trash bastards!

I take offence to that comment! I'm a apostate heathen BLACK trash bastard !

• mouthy
    mouthy

But dont you think the Nov 8th Awake may have some inpact on the ones with thinking heart....not heads...Because it tell them they must love those who dont have the same religious beliefs as them.... It did not mention apostates??? Do you think????

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've heard there was a kindom ministry insert recently about not even working with a disfellowshipped person, anybody know anything about that?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I also resent that remark!

I am... er... an apostate... heathen... white trash... my parents were married!

Nope, no new light, just a general weakening of adoption of the rules, especially among the old timers.

CZAR

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    I take offence to that comment! I'm a apostate heathen BLACK trash bastard !

Me too!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I don't consider myself as an apostate, I am just enlightened. When I have something to say, I will say it and if the borg takes offense its too bad. What are they going to do about? . I have been out since Dec 1999 and not once has any elder called on me. ( lucky me) So in my humble opinion JW are just a changing . I met a bro and his son, both previous elders, just recently deleted for a coverup, the son was abusing the grandmother and no one was telling. And this dear lady is in her 80ties. The one has smiled and said hello to me, he is the father who was a very strong elder and special pioneer.and the other(son) the abuser of his granny, just snarls and thinks he is better than everyone else.

Another sis, to whom I was close to yrs ago, has not be going to meeting, nor her ex elder husband, they no longer see it as the truth. She is seeking help. Another witness family husband elder have stopped going to the meetings. Oh and by the way this elder and the other elder who covered up his sons abuse of the grandma were on my committee meeting in 1988 and now they are deleted and stopped going to meetings. Oh what sweet justice.

Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit