So They Are Making News

by Village Idiot 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

This Associated Press article on the Witnesses appeared on Yahoos home page.

http://news.yahoo.com/jehovahs-witnesses-could-1-billion-nyc-properties-161102417.html

Some snippets from the article:

...it will free up hundreds of thousands of square feet for businesses and apartments in a now-trendy neighborhood at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge.

"It's going to be incredibly transformative," said Alexandria Sica, executive director of the DUMBO Improvement District, a business group.

Sica said she is looking forward to the Witnesses' move in part because the church's properties seem off-limits to non-members, with fenced-in parking lots and no street-level retail. "It's closed off," she said. "You get that sense of 'This place is not for the public.'"

And one of the comments goes:

TD:

A BILLION dollar payout on a $3 million dollar investment. That's a 333% [sic] return, and every penny of it is TAX FREE! Religion has got to be the greatest racket ever created by humanity! You get people to devote their lives and savings to you and you don't have to deliver anything except some pie in the sky promises of an after-life that can never be proven! It's the biggest scam that has ever been perpetrated in history, and the suckers keep lining up, year after year, century after century, millennia after millennia!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

To me, bottom line, with $1BILLION Dollars in their pocket, what will they do with it??????

Will they call back all those special pioneers? Now think about this for a minute. This is near and dear to their heart. This gets to the very core of who they really are. The preaching work. But will the All Mighty Dollar prove mightier than the GB is? Time will tell because if they don't call them back into the fields then we know.

Then we really know that the money, the MONEY is the real show, the MONEY is what's really going on and what has the last to say at New York.

If I was a betting man, I would have my money on the money.

What say you?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LTPF;

Do you mean, call them back from the ''fields'', instead of into the fields?

I have to agree, time will speak. I have my money on the money!!! Totally.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Beth Sarim - yes, calling back those special pioneers into the special pioneer ranks and paying them their stipulation and health insurance once again. I don't think WT will ever do that. But if they get their $1 Billion I think they will send NEW missionaries into the field though, but not recall.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Thanks for the response!!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Amen to TD`s comment .

smiddy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I notice they're #5 on yahoo's trending list. Makes you think why the layoffs when they know they're gonna get a billion dollar sweet deal. If those who blindly follow that real estate and publishing company would only think about that, but it will go right over there heads.
  • talesin
    talesin

Sica said she is looking forward to the Witnesses' move in part because the church's properties seem off-limits to non-members, with fenced-in parking lots and no street-level retail. "It's closed off," she said. "You get that sense of 'This place is not for the public.'"

It's clear the local business association has them pegged. They know the true nature of the WTS - absolutely no transparency. None. Zip, zilch, nada. You want to be separate? Then we are glad you are leaving. And don't let the door hit you on the way out.

They can take their Billion $$$ and shove it. No, wait - they should be forced to use it to set up a retirement income for the 1975 generation.

t

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ ShirleyW...

Maybe the funds are already as good as spent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit