The Family Guy

by Frantic 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Frantic
    Frantic

Hello all!!!

Any Family Guy fans here?? Ive noticed they make several religious cracks about jw's and other religions. eg, in the middle of a musical part, sings -
    "We'll stop Jehovah's at the Gate" - "Can I have the pamphlet sir?" (smacks the jw) - amongst others. Its real funny, yet my fellow jw's refuse to laugh or even take it as a joke. eg, jesus says - "Ok people for my next miracle - Im going to turn water into funk" (jesus does the splits signalling the peace sign, dancing to upbeat jazzy music)
    Ive only have the first season on DVD, and have watched bits and parts of the second season. How many seasons are there?

Frantically Insane Andy

• shamus
    shamus

Hey Frantic,

Yes, don't us north amerikan's have funny shows? Seriously, I love the show. It's hilarious!

• micheal
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This shouldn't be a surprise but I'm a huge fan of the show. It and South Park are my favorite cartoons right now.

There have been three seasons of Family Guy... two DVD sets (the first set contained both seasons 1 and 2). The show was canceled in 2002 but it has been announced that the show may return in 2005:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-11-18-family-guy_x.htm

• Frantic
    Frantic

Cheers drwtsn,

I was sold the first season seperately, not in a two pack with the 2nd season (cries). 3 series hey??? I was told 4, but I didnt think that many would have been made. Seth MacFarlane is a genious, so many voices. I remember watching my first epidsode of family guy (the one where 'the man in white' was going to put him back in the womb - also 'stewies 1st b'day' and meg meets her first friend). I was at work at the time, and this little stewie character facinated me. I was hooked on every word, very unique. My fav saying is now "blasted matriach!"

I do have a question, what does Stewie say at the start of an episode where he says "Blasted Matriach! She has failed once again to replenish this fridged box with 'Po________". Does he say potations?

I welcome the series return, thanks for the link!
    and another thing - do u have seinfeld (DVD) in the states? (assuming your american)

Frantically Insane Andy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Frantic:

Yep, Stewie's my favorite... I love his vocabulary... there are so many great quotes:

"And now, you contemptible harpy, I shall end your oppressive reign of matriarchal tyranny!"

"But of course, that was my victory day! The fruition of my deeply laid plans to escape from that cursed ovarian bastille!"

I don't recognize the quote you're asking about though... I'll have to watch for it next time I'm watching Family Guy DVDs.

And as far as I know, we do not yet have Seinfeld episodes on DVD here in the US.

• micheal
    micheal
    The show was canceled in 2002 but it has been announced that the show may return in 2005:

THAT IS FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The show was canceled in 2002 but it has been announced that the show may return in 2005:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I love family guy!! I watch it several times a week on cartoon network

it is a great show, because it has been able to offend every person on the face of the planet, I swear! An equal opportunity offensive show...nothing is sacred.

And that is TRUE comedic impartiallality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit