Truly loving two people (KInd of a response to the Soul Mate thing)

by ADubsFriend 37 Replies latest social relationships

• ADubsFriend
    ADubsFriend

I was reading the Soul Mate thread and wanted to ask: How many of you have truly loved and been in love with two people at the same time?

I have been married 30 years to a wonderful man. I do love him and he is crazy about me. He is kind, faithful, great sense of humor and great in bed.

As some of you know, I met a JW man online and we had an online affair about 3 years ago. We only were sexually online once, and stopped that, but had feelings. The relationship grew (without the sex part) and we fell deeply in love. He, however, had lied about his marital status.

Now, don't misunderstand, I KNOW he lied. We did not speak for 2 years once I found out. Then fate put us online again at the same time and place and we talked. We talked alot. I had found out alot about him and asked him lots of questions (some I already knew answers to, to see if he would lie). He has not lied since. We have been talking again for 7 months. All of what happened and why he lied was explained. Yes, it was an ugly thing to do, but there were reasons and I accept them.

I talked to him again, because I tried for 2 years to be happy without him and could not be. I need this person in my life, too. My husband knew we were talking again and accepted it. He said to tell me to not talk to him gave that person power and made him feel like it would say he was intimidated. I felt we could be close friends.

We have been talking again for 7 months. He is also still married. His marraige is not good, but he is dedicated to staying until his last child is gone, about 2 years. He feels that is the right thing to do.

About 3 weeks ago and I went and visited him while his wife was away. My husband knew and I promised not to make love to this guy. We did not have sex. However, we both knew right away that we are deeply in love and really love each other. The "in love" thing...that is seperate from love...if you know what I mean. You can have both at times but the in love comes and goes deeper and less so with anyone. I understand someone new makes you feel the in love much deeper.

However, I am crazy about him. I also do love my husband, but I think of this other man constantly. I cannot break it off. I tired that before and nothing improved after 2 years emotionally. It is like a tie we have that cannot be broken.

I don't know what I am looking for by telling you all this. I guess I just want to say that it is true there is more than one soul mate for a person. And, although I would never have believed it til it happened to me...you can truly love two men (or women) at the same time. I just wish all 3 of us could live together. LOL Like that would happen.

To make if more complicated, he is a dub. I am not and have never been...although I can very close and studied a few years ago.

He did take Crisis of Conscience from me to read and is not close minded. He says he has dedicated himself to Chirst, not a bunch of men in an organization. That makes his wife furious...she is completely dubbed up.

We talk at least weekly on the phone. Oh yeah, one of their children is being shunned, but he will not shun her. I feel he is not brainwashed yet.

I don't know what will happen. I don't know what I want to happen, short of the unlikelyness of all living together. But, be warned...falling in love and then needing both people is very real and can happen to anyone. After being married 27 years 3 years ago and being very happy I would never have expected this.

We still do not talk sexual, because why just work ourselves up? BUt it is there...big time. We try not to talk romance. But, we do hope to learn alot more about each other over the next few years to see if we also LIKE the people we are. If we do, I don't know what will happen. I am so drawn to him. I married at 17 and was so young. This is like the grown up love I missed. My God I love this man. I love my husband of 30 years, but this man....he touches my soul like no other.

Sorry this is so long. Has anyone else had this and want to share it?

• nilfun
    nilfun
    I am so drawn to him. I married at 17 and was so young. This is like the grown up love I missed. My God I love this man. I love my husband of 30 years, but this man....he touches my soul like no other.

Respectfully, sure you sure you are in love with two people? It sounds like you love your husband, but are in love with the other man.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well I'm not sure you can truely love two people at once. I can see lusting after more than one.

• little witch
    little witch

ADF,

I am sorry, but you posted this, and offered it up for criticism.

I find what you are doing repulsive. I am sorry, but I do.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. What you are doing is having a sexual, and emotional affair. You have broken the vows to your husband, and are putting your marriage in jeopardy.

If your marriage is gone, or awfull, then give him the common decency to tell him, and a divorce so that he may keep his dignity, and move on. I am sure he will find someone else.

I personally find this sleazy, and wrong....

More than one soul mate indeed...perhaps in Utah?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The ability of people to fall in love with words, and imagine themselves in love with a person because of words, amazes and confounds me.

I think you should leave your husband, because he deserves better, and take your chances with this other guy, because that's what you seem oh so willing to do: take your chances.

Dr. Six's prescription: go watch Bridges of Madison County again and call me from your lawyers office.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

you guys are kind of harsh. She screwed up bigtime and thinks she's in love with a married man. A married man who lied to her. Some people are great with words and as six said you fell in love with words.

You aren't in love with him and you have screwed up your marriage. I feel sorry for you but I'm much sadder for your poor husband who seems to be too understanding.

Good luck, I suggest you make a choice now. I do believe that your understanding husband won't be so understanding as time goes by. He won't trust you again. The new lover can't be trusted to begin with.

Your life is a mess isn't it.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Wow! I've been in love twice but it was not the soul mate kind of love. I've always wanted to experience that kind of love w/o a third party involved of course.

I work for a family law attorney and I've heard stories like this before. The clients just spill their guts to me. I offer them no advice. There is one thing that always seems to happen. The divorces are very bitter and the children from the marriage grown or not seem to hate the guts of the cheating parent. It's heart breaking to watch. Building happiness on other peoples misery is not right in my opinion. I wish you luck with whatever you decide. You're going to need it.

• ADubsFriend
    ADubsFriend

nilfun: that is the big quesion...will the "in love" come back after 30 years, or just the love stay? And, with the more recent man...I feel I am in love and love him....but how does one know if love is real until times goes by. It feels very real.

Stacy: I would have said the same thing at your age. And at age 40. It is something that happened and sometimes our beliefs are all of a sudden proven wrong.

little witch: I was asking if others have experienced this and what they did. However, everyone has the right to criticize, to be sure. Be careful, though, at being so quick to find what others have done as repulsive. You will not lead a perfect life either and during it will do things others may find repulsive. That is not to say you will do this. But, we all do things that others do not approve of. You are correct that beginning this was wrong. There were reasons for it. To go into it all would take a whole website. If you wish to judge me and point out how awful I am, so be it. The point is, I have had something happen I never expected. By the way, we have not had sex. Yes, we are having an emotional affair. Sexual? No, not yet. Except for one online time. We are both committed to trying not to allow that again. My marraige is good, except for this. I don't know, perhaps until you walk in these shoes it makes no sense. Did I say it was right? I don't think so. Sleay? Well, excuse me for being human. How many sex partners have YOU had? I have had one my whole life. I have now fallen for another at the same time. I doubt that makes me the most sleazy person in the world. Don't confuse saying more then one soul mate is possible with saying more than one spouse or lover is possible. They are two different things. I jokingly said I would like to all live together. DId you not see the LOL? Although it matters little to me if I appear sleazy or repulsive to you personally, I do find it interesting that someone trying to get away from a religious group that is so judgmental judges so quickly. Be careful, dear. I was "decent" accordingly to YOUR standards til age 45.

sixofnine: If I remember right, the Madison County thing ended up with one wondering if she made the right decision to stay. I understand what you are saying about falling in love with words. However, we have met now and the feelings are real. We did not become sexual during the 3 times we met that week, nor did we talk inappropriately. We discussed the issue in a level headed way and do not know what we will do. Because we DO know what words can do and need to know more than words. And, would I leave my husband if time proves it is more? I don't know. Perhaps he will leave me, since he appears to be the saint here and I am the woman with the scarlet A. I am so glad to be on a site of sinless people...perhaps I can learn to be perfect too? lol....a joke, dear. Let's not start a word war. I am simply saying that my husband is not blameless either. Don't jump to "choosing sides" when you don't know either of us. There are no "sides' to choose. This is a very real issue that is painful for everyone involved.

and finally, to Stacy again: Yes, I am in an awful mess. I think the new man CAN be trusted. You need to know how everything developed to know why the lie. PLus, please do not assume we are lovers. We aren't. We would like to be but it is wrong to be. We know that. We just don't know what to do...it is like being paralized. I feel like one of those butterflies pinned under glass...still breathing but unable to move. I had hoped it was just the words. That is why I met him and saw him 3 different days. But, unfortunately, it is not just words. I walked away once. It dam near killed me. Two years. Two years of therapy, of pills...of tears and feeling like part of me was missing. And, if I left my husband it would be the same way. That is definately a big mess.

• little witch
    little witch

I know what I said was harsh. That is just the way I feel about it.

Honesty is often harsh. Dear Abby I am not.

"Soul Mate" to me transends looks, attraction, emotion, and all things natural.

I fail to see how one can be a soul mate to more than one.

"Soul Mate" is a forever kind of thing. It is untouchable by outsiders, it is permanant, and uncorruptible.

I question someone who claims to have more than one, as I feel you are lucky to find one in a lifetime.

Perhaps a mistake in judgement was made? Perhaps She has found someone more compatible?

Perhaps there was a different opinion in "soul mate" was made?

I am of the thought that a "soul mate" means forever....Perhaps it is a difference in definition.

• nilfun
    nilfun

When your love is freeform, it will always be judged harshly.

But I think you already knew that, hey?

AdubsFriend, just be in every moment that you are, you will find your way.

A flower for you and one for your hubby, because I am sure that he feels lost, too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit