Online Donations for Conventions

by Funchback 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I still think it's a horrible idea to donate, no matter how. And how are they supposed to come up with the money? October 2013, there was a washtowel study rag hounding people to cut way back on their work and throw away all their surplus money. Soon after, they wanted people to get computers and tablets. Those things are expensive for someone that works part time and throws away all their "surplus" money.

Beyond that, there are too many other expenses. Day to day, one must provide gas and maintenance for a car. There are suit dry cleaning expenses, poisonburgers that cost money, and other field circus supplies. Then you have Big Boasting Sessions--more gas. You have Grand Boasting Sessions--more gas, plus usually motel rooms. And, there are other activities--just the Israel missions cost as much as a whole monster box of silver. Do they have money to do Israel, or just donate it to the Worldwide Damnation Fund?

That link should be avoided as studiously as if it is known to have a worm just waiting for anyone to click it. Donate zero, whether in person or online. Do not donate through debit or credit card, either--going into debt is a lousy idea for this (besides, many are probably still in debt after that abomination they did in 2015, and the other one they are planning for in 2017). For the record, I also recommend strongly that anyone thinking of doing the Israel mission to boycott that mission. Totally. Do not go, and if they hound, tell them that, now that they hounded, they cannot do it for joke-hova but would be only doing it to get the hounding to stop. Go ahead and buy the monster box of silver if you can afford the mission. If you insist on still going to Israel, do it as a vacation--and look at plenty of YouTube videos that will give you an idea of what to expect while there. But, do NOT do the mission--you WILL be wasting your time and money.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Jehovah’s people do not beg for money. […] “We have never considered it proper to solicit money for the Lord’s cause, after the common custom . . . It is our judgment that money raised by the various begging devices in the name of our Lord is offensive, unacceptable to him, and does not bring his blessing either upon the givers or the work accomplished.” – From: God’s Kingdom Rules, Page 196

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They seem to have an unlimited appetite for money.

• waton
    waton

Money is a defense, and wt likes to build it's own defenses, and in one stroke, disable, synergistically weaken the victims' it preys on.

.after last Sunday's wt study "vow" indoctrination, now you can vow electronically, wow!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am amazed at how resourceful they are when it comes to hoarding funds.

Now members of congregations can also make donations designated for their own congregations via the website.

I am wondering if this a way of controlling what each congregation gets to keep. In Canada the policy is that congregations can only keep between $3,000 - $5,000 on hand any surplus goes to the branch. But I know that some congregations are hanging on to some of the surplus funds. Could this be a control mechanism to dole out only a little to the congregations and the rest is kept by branch?

• waton
    waton
    .."Could this be a control mechanism.." wx:

good point. It takes only 2 cooperating buddies to waylay the funds deposited in the kh boxes destined for Warwick, direct electronic transfer cuts out those middlemen.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Large annual conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses are held worldwide. You can donate to the worldwide work on behalf of the convention you attend to help with the expenses incurred.

You can Donate to The Worldwide Work....on behalf of your convention. So just another donation to the society,

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

How can I donate a kidney online?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit