JW Version Of Spring Cleaning

by JW_Rogue 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

Sounds like the rabbinic pharisees having their little children search out the house for leaven.

Searching out and destroying Chametz (Leaven) during the Passover Season.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If I were going to a place where Jesus would be present, would I feel uncomfortable wearing this clothing?

Please, Jesus always wore long dresses and sandals everywhere he went, and is typically portrayed with long hair and a full beard. I think my undercut haircut and slightly tight pants won't leave me feeling a bit uncomfortable if he happens to be present wearing 30CE Jewish attire, grooming, and lack of deodorant in the same restaurant or bar with me tomorrow. Pretty sure he'd feel uncomfortable with what he would be wearing.

If he borrowed my cell phone or tablet, would I be embarrassed by what he saw there?

What the hell? He's JESUS, why would he need to borrow my cell phone or tablet? Is the holy spirit not able to route a call or handle his online shopping needs such that he needs to borrow my electronic devices? I think he'd be the one embarrassed to ask me, "Hey Billy, can I borrow your smartphone so I can make a call to ToMo3 and give him crazy talk ideas and check the weather forecast online to see if I need to borrow your umbrella to keep my dress dry?"

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I did some spring cleaning of my own this week. I just tossed my meeting briefcase and service bag. I checked the service bag to see how long it's been since I've been out in service. The magazines in there were from 2011. lol
  • JRK
    JRK

And he had better not catch you saving any tight pants or colorful socks, Heaven forbid! Or Tony forbid.

No spanx for you!

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wouldn't even let that thing borrow my device. Looking through my music collection--what business does that scumbag they call Jesus have going through it? What about personal preference? Some of you like listening to Barbra Streisand, even though half of what she put out is pure rubbish (and the other half was produced by the likes of Diana Ross, Barry Gibb, Donna Summer). Is that my business? No--and it is not my business to look through your devices, crack passwords, and come down on you because you like something I think of as rubbish.

The same with my clothes. Would I be embarrassed to wear an item in front of that scumbag Jesus, who I don't even believe existed and either way has no business in dictating what I wear? To me, it is more pertinent "Would I be embarrassed to wear the item in the presence of the sun?" Probably not. And if it was blatant that I was a follower of that thing they call Jesus (Jehovah or Allah, you are not exempt either), I would be more embarrassed. What business do they have in dictating what I wear, choose to watch or listen to, or what's on my electronic devices?

A better question would be "If Satan were to look through my music collection, would He feel offended by a preponderance of Kingdumb maladies and other low quality xian material?" Satan might suggest music that I might like to add to my collection--including music that is so poorly known today that finding it might be difficult. But, unless the music was so damaging to my soul (as the Kingdumb maladies are), I don't think Satan would mind too much. And, I would rather worry about what Astaroth would think of an outfit, not Jesus.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I find it very interesting how they used the term "Memorial Season". As if the Memorial has suddenly become a season. Now that they make regular dubs pioneer, give invites and attend memorial, they also want to add a sort of spring cleaning action? It sounds almost like the "Holiday Season", only devoid of any fun or enjoyment. They are actually trying to make JWs feel they have a holiday season. Only this holiday season is one no one is looking forward to.
  • blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 23:25, 26) 25 “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I find it so ironic that Jesus rebuked the Jewish leaders of his days of making up so many rules. The JW are by far worst than the Pharisee and Sadducees. The JW's meetings and lit is all about what you can't do. Why anyone would find any joy in that religion is beyond me.
  • tiki
    tiki
    I like Billy's take on it. I was thinking that if Jesus can see all and know all it's too late to sweep the smut off your hard drive.
  • carla
    carla
    What is next for them? WWJD bracelets? I am astonished by this article because they so rarely give Jesus more than lip service. Are they trying to appear more palatable to the mainstream?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit