The Messianic Prophecies and Their Fulfillment in Jesus

by aqwsed12345 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

Um, TD, did you ever read Jesus' words to the Pharisees?

Yes. - Έχω διαβάσει τις αφηγήσεις των Ευαγγελίων πολλές φορές

Und ich finde Ihren Witz über mein Leseverständnis eigentlich sehr lustig.

(Préféreriez-vous une autre langue ?)

---

Have you, perchance read the minor prophets and noted the language with which Ezekiel and others called their countrymen to repentance? I would suggest that with zero knowledge of the language or culture you are perhaps reading more into what is essentially a family quarrel than is warranted.

I've addressed the antisemitism inherent in fundamentalist commentary many times and finally summarized it here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/149881/jesus-pharisees-jehovahs-witnesses

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The Pharisees of old also thought they knew more than God.

Matthew 21:42-45

"Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. Also, the person falling on this stone will be shattered. As for anyone on whom it falls, it will crush him.”

When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his illustrations, they knew that he was speaking about them."

God doesn't reveal things by means of Greek or German or French. He reveals them by means of holy spirit.

Luke 10:21,22

"In that very hour he became overjoyed in the holy spirit and said: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have carefully hidden these things from wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him."

I can't help you with your reading problem, TD, but God can. If you turn around and humble your heart before Him, you'll have a better chance of improving your comprehension. You are right, there were some Pharisees who eventually became believers.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The Pharisees

According to the CS, had Jesus mu&dered. A religion that started off by killing a righteous man, JC. And attributed God’s holy spirit: miracles from God to satan. With zero empirical evidence juxtaposition the miracles and teachings of JC and his explanation of the Hebrew Scriptures. “This is my son the beloved (David), listen to him.”

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

I am with Smiddy on this one!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

God in the Old Testament

God in the New Testament

I AM (Exodus 3:14–15; Isaiah 48:12)

The Shepherd (Psalm 23:1)

The Light (Psalm 27:1)

The Rock (Psalm 18:2)

Ruler of all (Isaiah 9:6)

Judge of all nations (Joel 3:12)

The Bridegroom (Isaiah 62:5; Hosea 2:16)

God’s Word never passes away (Is. 40:8)

The Sower (Jeremiah 31:27; Ezra 34:9)

First and the Last (Isaiah 48:12)

Creator of all things (Neh. 9: 6)

God our Savior (Is. 43: 11)

I AM (John 8:58)

The Shepherd (John 10:11)

The Light (John 8:12)

The Rock (Matthew 7:24)

Ruler of all (Matthew 28:18)

Judge of all (John 5:22)

The Bridegroom (Matthew 25:1)

Jesus’ words never pass away (Mark 13:31)

The Sower (Matthew 13:3–9)

First and the Last (Revelation 1:17–18)

Creator of all things (John 1: 3)

God our Savior (2 Peter 1:1)

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    Smiddy3 said: "GOD ,He /,she ,has had ample opportunity to speak to mankind over many serious events that have taken place in history, both ancient and modern ,and we have heard nothing .......,zilch, from any GOD ever."

Smiddy3, you're hilarious.😆

You wouldn't believe even if an angel came from heaven and told you, lol.

God did send angels from heaven, many times. And he sent his Son. And he had many witnesses that he spoke from heaven. And there is plenty of evidence. The Bible is included in that evidence.

If you want to deny the obvious, I think that's pretty foolish, but you have free will. You can't say God didn't warn you.

A lot of people who consider themselves really "educated" and "scientific" are out there looking for space aliens or a message from some higher force in space somewhere, but they overlook the message that was already sent. They want to believe in "beam me up, Scotty" kind of things but then they deny that God could "beam someone down" here to visit. You don't think God could figure out how to send a message through a book?

What if all those people looking for "aliens" found out that the higher life forms they're looking for are actually moral, upright individuals who generally choose to hide themselves from unrighteous people but reveal who they are to upright individuals? Ha!

(Earth to Smiddy3...Earth to Smiddy3 - The "higher life forms" you're looking for have been found...they've actually communicated with us centuries ago - it's all recorded in the Bible, they're called "angels" and "God" and "Jesus" and they're coming again soon...stop rejecting their message and maybe you'll get to hang out with them, lol...)

Revelation 1:8

"I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:4-7

"May you have undeserved kindness and peace from “the One who is and who was and who is coming,” and from the seven spirits that are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood— and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen.Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen."

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@EP,

Revelation 1:8
    "I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

I'm afraid that you won't get too far on this forum quoting the NWT new testament where they inserted the name Jehovah hundreds of times to fool readers when ZERO ancient manuscripts to support this.

Care to address the other examples from an Arian Heresy point of view?
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I'm not here to look for "followers". I am confident any sheeplike ones will look up the verses in their preferred translation.

1 Timothy 1:5-7

"Really, the objective of this instruction is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy. By deviating from these things, some have been turned aside to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of law, but they do not understand either the things they are saying or the things they insist on so strongly."

Revelation 22:6-10

"He said to me: “These words are faithful and true; yes, Jehovah, the God who inspired the prophets, has sent his angel to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. Look! I am coming quickly. Happy is anyone observing the words of the prophecy of this scroll.” Well I, John, was the one hearing and seeing these things. When I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing me these things. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! I am only a fellow slave of you and of your brothers the prophets and of those observing the words of this scroll. Worship God.” He also tells me: “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, for the appointed time is near."

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    GOD ,He /,she ,has had ample opportunity to speak to mankind over many serious events that have taken place in history, both ancient and modern ,and we have heard nothing .......,zilch, from any GOD ever.

Except for that time he predicted that he would raise himself from the dead, and then did it. Not to mention his other tens of thousands of words in the bible.

The problem isn't that God hasn't spoken. The problem is that most people don't like him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit