Witness Arrested-Million $ Bail set

by caligirl 6 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

This is a witness in "good" standing who has kids and attends a Portland, OR congregation. This story ran in the Oregonian and on local news. At the end of the article is the email address for the reporter, if anyone feels the need to give them an "in" on the witness angle.

$1 million bail set in ambush

A Lake Oswego man was held at gunpoint, choked; his home was burglarized

11/25/03NOELLE CROMBIE

OREGON CITY -- A Milwaukie-area man is being held on $1 million bail in the Clackamas County Jail, accused of luring an acquaintance to his home and robbing him at gunpoint with help from three armed and masked men.

Michael Jared, 40, of the 15000 block of S.E. River Forest Drive, was arrested Sunday on accusations of first-degree robbery, first-degree kidnapping and first-degree burglary.

He is accused of attacking and robbing Mark Angelo Ghiglieri, 37, of Lake Oswego early Sunday. The two men had financial dealings with each other, said sheriff's Detective Jim Strovink, the lead investigator on the case.

Strovink estimated that at least $450,000 in cash and jewelry was stolen from Ghiglieri.

The motive for the robbery is unclear, Strovink said.

In asking Circuit Judge Steven Maurer to set a high bail, Deputy District Attorney Chris Owen said Jared invited Ghiglieri to his home Sunday morning.

Ghiglieri told investigators that when he arrived, he was jumped by three masked men and taken to the basement of Jared's home, where he was held at gunpoint, Owen said.

The men bound his legs with duct tape, placed a bag over his head, then choked him into unconsciousness over the course of three to four hours, Owen said.

Strovink said the men ordered Ghiglieri to give up the keys to his home, which they then burglarized.

Police are looking for the masked men. Strovink said investigators do not know what relationship those men may have to Jared or Ghiglieri.

Ghiglieri escaped and called police. He was not seriously injured, Strovink said.

Police executed search warrants Monday at the Lake Oswego and Southeast River Forest Drive properties. Jared recently bought his home from Ghiglieri, police said.

Jared is to appear in court next Tuesday for a preliminary hearing. Noelle Crombie: 503-294-5927; [email protected]

• little witch
    little witch

With all due respect...

Where is the Jw connection?

Perhaps I overlooked it in my beer haze?

• simplesally
    simplesally

How did u know he was a JW?

• blondie
    blondie
    At the end of the article is the email address for the reporter, if anyone feels the need to give them an "in" on the witness angle.

Noelle Crombie: 503-294-5927; [email protected]

• freedom96
    freedom96

A person I know very well attends the same Kingdom Hall as this man. No one would know that from the article.

Apparently he is divorced, his wife df'd, and he brings the 3 kids to the hall all the time. Everyone was shocked when they saw him on the local news.

• EXMS
    EXMS
    Funny I just found this. I attended the same hall as he for many years. I was very good friends with this man. I am still on very good terms with his oldest son. I was very shocked to hear about this. He was such a gentle person in the hall. He was a very generous, always hosting Congregation picnics and such. Always was the one to drive out and about during "service". From what I hear, even in Prison, he still is a Witness, pretty crazy.
  • steve2
    steve2

I guess they won't be parading his sorry ass at conventions as an example of Christian repentance. Some people are just embarrassments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit