No longer Hidden

by HiddenPimo 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

I wrote a letter some time ago and to my surprise and despite the Elders Manual saying that a letter is sufficient for establishing 'wrongdoing' they would not announce me as no longer a JW until I met with 2 Elders to verbally acknowledge that the letter was written by me.

Well yesterday I met with them and the meeting lasted 2 minutes. "Did you write the letter?" "Yes, those words were penned by me and express my wish to longer be a JW." "OK, now we would like to meet with you as a committee to see if you are really meaning what you said." I replied, "That will not be necessary, I was an Elder and it would be a waste of all of our times when the end result is going to be the same regardless, please use your time to help someone who really needs it or spend that time with your families, I am good here."

So they will announce me on July 9th - What a relief I feel. And while my aversion to meeting with them because I didn't want them to have the upper hand kept me from meeting to acknowledge the letter, this moment felt so good, to break free from their grasp and not allow them to control me any longer. Denying them the opportunity to have me in a Kangaroo court.

So this begs the question - How do I change my user name? ;-)

Peace Out -

Jared

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Technically the letter could have been sent by someone as a revenge or trick with your name. They did get the 2 witnesses now

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hey Jared.......It's a lot easier to walk away from the JW construct then to change your user name.....we have rules here.......I've been trying to change my name to Captain

Hopalong for 8 years!

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Start a new account.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

Welcome to your freedom! Sent you a PM...

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Well done Jared.

Do what Mr.Tate said.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i had to create a new a/c--simply because the site had a bit of a make over a few years back and i could no longer log in as bigmac.

others had to do the same thing.

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

nolongerhinnedpimo

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Firstly congratulations on a step that you are ready to make.

Personally I’m pleased that they take care to verify a letter. What sort of chaos could ensue if any letter purporting to be from anyone was believed? The elders book probably means a letter that is handed over personally. But as is often the case the elders book is terribly imprecise and open to many interpretations.

• Afterburn
    Afterburn

Congratulations on free breathing, Jared!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit