2023-01-S-147-Announcements And Reminders!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2023-01-S-147-Announcements And Reminders.

Click image to enlarge.

Atlantis!
  • enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

thank you Atlantis

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Expect this type of announcement to be made in the next day or so:

"The Governing Body is pleased to announce that the 2022 Service Year Grand Totals will be released after a more careful review of the unexpected and unexplained decreases from dozens of different countries including the United States are further analyzed."

:) :) :)

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

ThanK Atlantis ... and Happy New Year :)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks from me too Atlantis and Petra . Happy New Year to you both.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

enoughisenough:

JW GoneBad:

keinlezard:

BluesBrother:

Always welcome, and everyone have a safe and happy New Year!

Atlantis!

• zahoots
    zahoots
    Big Thanks Atlantis!
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you very much for that.

One small detail I noticed is that to use the HLC you ask an elder for the contact information and then contact the HLC yourself. Previously all contact was made via the elder. At least that is how it was some years ago when I was in hospital.

George

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Thank you Atlantis.

First thing I notice is that the letter lays the blame on the lowly publisher for not obtaining a better outcome ddue to not contacting HLC far enough in advance, IN AN EMERGENCY. Well excuse us! I guess we need to plan medical emergencies in advance now!

Perhaps it is just me, I noticed that the Announcements For Elders in Paragraph 2 subparagraph 2 states "When a publisher requests HLC assistance, FIRST contact the HLC to provide the following information: Spiritual standing of publisher and his family. . ." (Bold and italics mine) It sounds like any help will be exactly like the JW "love" they brag about. . .CONDITIONAL!

I base that opinion on paragraph 3 which indicates it is only after step 2 that the oh so important elder would provide the HLC information to the lowly publisher.

The elders giveth, and the elders taketh away I guess.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Atlantis thanks!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit