Russia Threatens to Target US Jets in Syria

by cofty 17 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

On Sunday a US jet shot down a Syrian military government fighter plane after it dropped bombs close to US backed Kurdish soldiers.

Russia who backs Erdogan has reacted with a threat to target US jets over Syria and withdraw from communication arrangements designed to prevent US - Russian conflict in the region.

The threat of a hot war between the USA and Russia is growing rapidly...

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

All the Syrian rebels are jihadists, wanting to impose strict sharia law. Assad had clamped down on muslim practices as extremist.

I really wonder what the end game motive is behind this. And if the ones pulling the strings are from the USA or a different country. But it seems they have no problem and want to turn USA and Europe into a 3rd world shit storm, make the whole world poor and full of crime. Usually people don't like to shit where they sleep, so really wonder what the motives are that are going on here.

• Simon
    Simon

Only seems like 5 minutes ago that Turkey shot that Russian jet down. I guess everyone wants in on the action.

This can only end well ...

But hey, at least Clinton isn't in there - her strategy seemed determined to trigger WWIII in the region.

• Simon
    Simon
    I really wonder what the end game motive is behind this

To topple secular governments and clear the way for Islamic control ... (it sometimes seems).

Pahlavi, Saddam, Gaddafi, Assad.

There's no "good side" to be fighting on.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This whole thing is a joke! Isis got its start because the Baathists and Sunnis wanted their power back in Iraq. I also believe someone from the states financially supported them to keep the Kurds at bay and go into Syria, keep war going since it's big business. Assad of Syria backs them because they were taking out all the rebel groups poping up to take him out. Russia is supporting Assad and the US doesn't seem to know who to back.

They don't want to support any rebel group not knowing what they'll turn into. Can't or won't support the Kurds beyond small arms so as to not upset the Turks. Iran and several other middle eastern states have gotten involved, it's just a crazy mess and in the end the innocent civilians are the ones getting killed!

This is what happens when you have a regime that invades a country because they want the oil and to stop the leader from selling his oil for another currency, doing all this with out a plan for after the war.

• waton
    waton

Is it not also strategic, to get a corridor, one way or the other from Russia, Iran, the Gulf directly to the Mediterranean, another ice free port, a crescent of Shia crescent flags through Sunni territory? A many faceted diamond, the hardest substance.

As much as I hate to see Europe being underwhelmed by a "fleeing" population, I feel for all there, even the young men caught in the middle.

US /Russian air battles ? has happened before, Korea, Vietnam, and probing on coast lines around the world.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Wait. I thought Trump and Russia were colluding together! Could this mean that maybe the mainstream narrative is false?

• waton
    waton

Did I read Trump is giving the military free reign? Commander in chief surprised how eager his troops are? remember an US navy cruiser accidentally shot down an Iranian airliner? baby corpses floating in the water?

• oppostate
    oppostate

@Cofty

Russia who backs Erdogan

No, they don't. I'm afraid you're mistaken, Cofty.

Russia backs Assad, (Bashar Hafez al-Assad). He is the 19th and current President of Syria and a ruthless dictator that murders his own people.

Erdogan (Recep Tayyip Erdoğan) is the current President of Turkey, and has been since 2014, despite an attempted coup not long ago. He's actually supposed to be an ally of the U.S. against Daesh but he also hates the Kurdish fighters who are part of the Syrian Coalition fighting against Daesh and the Syrian Regime of Assad.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Russian escalation into a hot war is unlikely. It's saber rattling and it only works because of our current media system.

They will pretend to be mad for a little then go back to playing with their toy countries. The Russians and Chinese can't afford anything but a proxy war which is what Syria and Korea really are, they want to keep the war and media machine going without risking their own necks, Putin doesn't want to end up being the next Gorbachev.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit