kgfreeperson

That's pretty funny!

• morty
    morty

Naked works well...

morty

• 68storm
    68storm

I have been told that a simple request to praying before discussing anything with the witnesses, works wonders. I never got to put it to the test. I think that my giving my ex's jw lawyer so much grief, has something to do with them not calling at my house.

I have a lot of relatives that do get called on, much to their displeasure. Since the divorce, some of them have said some things to them that are much worse than r-rated flicks. This seems to work.

A good friend of mine was called on recently. After patiently listening to their bad news comments about the world today, he said that he did not understand how they put up with the "Gestapo" without getting angry. If they were able to explain that, he would be happy to listen.

Needless to say!....before he could blink.....they were gone and never to be seen again.

68storm

• mouthy
    mouthy

MacGregor Ministries has very nice door stickers that says "NO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES" it works.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks y-all for the imput. Blondie has very good advice and I would recommend her idea. Most folks don't think about it until the duds are standing at the door though.

The elders are not that efficient about coming around once a year and making sure a Do Not Call is still valid. At least in my 24 years with the duds I never knew them to do this with any consistency.

Even the NO Witness signs don't always work, some duds just don't get it. Or they are so busy yaking to each other as they walk up to the door they don't even notice it. I have tiled peoples walkways and front porches and had duds step over the barricades and walk all over the wet tile. I even called one PO up after the duds in his Hall did this and he told me the preaching work was more important than some stupid tile work on someones steps! He acted like it was my fault for interfering with Gods work by blocking the walkway!

I would not recommend going to the door naked.

There is no guarantee on getting the duds to not come by. But I thought knowing their policy on Do Not Calls would help some non duds. Maverick

• zev
    zev

answer the door with a shot gun in your hands.

they will never come back

• fran
    fran

Sticker on my window see my other post

• rocketman
    rocketman

Working territories in the past, I often just plain forgot about the Do Not Calls that were listed with the map. Also, jws maight call anyway to see if the objector still lives there and/or has 'changed their attitude'.

So while the DNC request is effective, it is not foolproof. I was one of the fools.

• invictus
    invictus

Regarding those DNC signs on the door - we had in our teritory quite a few doors like that and I remember working with an elder who was so zealous that he would knock on these doors just to ask : "what is the reason you put that sign on? You know there are many untrue informations about witnesses so if you would like I can explain ...." and of course we would be yelled at and treatened with police.After one of those visits when we made householder very mad, next day he put up a sign : NO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES AND DON`T EVEN THINK OF ASKING WHY OR ELSE...GO BUG SOMEONE ELSE and than a very explicit swear word!

Sadly we taught he was in Satan`s world-mislead, and we are right-persecuted for righteousness sake.

Invictus

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sad but true! If a lot of people started to do the Do Not Call action the WTS would just make up a reason for not following this policy anymore. Still, until they do, if it saves one person from being bothered by these nuts I will feel good about sharing this with the forums readers. Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit