What jw scandals have there been in your area?

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mutz
    Mutz

Apart from the usual infidelity, child molestation and illegal business practice, nothing much has happened around here.

• Buster
    Buster

Come on you Portland OR people!!

We got Christian Longo. Decided that he couldn't do without his children while he went to jail for theft, so he killed them and tossed them into the Pacific.

Not enough? We got that guy in McMinnville that shotgunned his family, then himself.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

3 cases of sexual abuse

1 rape

3 case of physical abuse on a child, 5 children removed from homes.

2 cases of wife beatings, one to the emergency room

In all these cases no action was taken by local elders.

• copsec
    copsec

We had child abuse, tax evasion, adultery, all the normal crap. What stands out in my mind though was the brother that worked at Wal-Mart and got busted stealing rising lawn mowers with another brother. This guy was a manager in the lawn dept. and he would have this brother back his truck up to the dock and they would load the mowers up like this guy bought them and then they would sell them! They stole prolly $50,000 of merchandise this way before finally being caught. And funnily enough he just lost his job. No jail time and no reproof, DFing, NOTHING!!! Oh wait, he was an elder's son. GO FIGURE!

• Joker10
    Joker10

Not a scandal, but an elder was disfellowshipped. This man was the superintendent President. He is very well known. This brother came to the United States after being imprisoned for his beliefs in a latin American country where the work was banned. He had quite stories to tell about the regime and the concentration camp where he was held at. First he was removed as an elder 2 months ago. Investigations took place, and a few weeks ago he was disfellowshipped. My mon's close friend supposedly put the finger on him when her bible study told her he was 'taking care' of her... hugging, kiss on the cheeck, etc. to confort her. The man is married to a good womam, who I remember dearly. I don't know how many people they helped baptize, but the congregation divided several times in just 10 years! Nobody for sure really knows what was discovered under those investigations. His family and close friends who came from the same country didn't attend the meeting when it was announced his disfellowshipping. They were too embarrased to look at other peoples eyes. But the brother has been to some meetings at least. And it seems that his son, a young elder form the same congregation, still talks to him; gretting him at the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit