UN Budget Cuts

by Finally Left 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

I just read this on the news. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-budget-un-idUSKBN18K1V2

It shows President Trump wants to make deep cuts to the UN. I am not saying it will happen, but I can't stop giggling about how funny that would be if they shut down the UN. Then what would JW's do? Overlapping UNs?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This would put watchtower in a predicament.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Overlapping UNs?

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. According to the Watchtower the League of Nations morphed into the UN after World War II.

• Splash
    Splash
    JeffT According to the Watchtower the League of Nations morphed into the UN after World War II.

Yes, WT say this and link it to the scarlet coloured wild beast of Revelation 17:8 "The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss" as a proof text.

In fact as recently as 2015 the WT confirmed this teaching (w15 7/15 p. 15 par. 4) “...present political powers that give support to the United Nations, an organization pictured by the 'scarlet-colored wild beast.' ”

But look at the facts.

League of Nations: Started Jan 10th 1920 - Ended 20th April 1946
    United Nations: Started 24th Oct 1945

In other words the UN officially began 6 months before the League was formerly concluded. This was necessary to transfer the assets and governance from the old to the new organisation.

How then is it possible for this beast to fit the description of "but is not" when there was not a moment in time when there was no League or United nations?

Where was John in the stream of time when we visioned this event?

If WT is so keen on overlapping events, then why not reveal this one which has basis in fact and history?
    Simply put, the scarlet coloured wild beast cannot represent the UN because the description is an impossible fit.

• Tight Pants Twinkle Toes
    Tight Pants Twinkle Toes

If Trump pulls out of the UN, WT will have to come with a way to cut off one of the Scarlet Colored Wild Beasts heads. THAT exercise will be fun to watch. Rat Bastards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit