Pandemic as part of Bible prophecy?

by truthseeker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction: I the quote of Luke 21:8 (1984 NWT) instead of saying "The due time is near" I should have said "The due time has approached". The former rendering is of the 2013 edition instead of the 1984 edition.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Disillusioned JW - " They also have stopped sharply directly criticizing the United Nations organization".

They stopped doing this during the time that they were an NGO of the UN during the 1990's as well. They are now a member of the European sister organization of the UN, and I suspect that they are once again an NGO of the UN under a name that would not be associated with Watchtower. You will recall that they only withdrew when The Guardian exposed their membership. It would be uncharacteristic for WTS to be pressured to do something they don't want to do. Ex. - They only joined the Australian redress scheme when they were losing their charity status. Even now, most congregations in Australia are unaware that they are on the hook for compensating victims. Please correct me if I am wrong, but only the COBEs were instructed to obligate the congregations for the compensation.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I am not sure they completely stopped sharply directly criticizing the United Nations organization while they were an NGO, but I do know that while they were an NGO they published multiple articles (in the Awake!) praising the good actions of the UN. While they were doing that praising I was very puzzled as to why they were doing such, until the Guardian exposed their membership.

What is the European sister organization of the UN that you claim they are now a member of?

What do you mean by COBEs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit