How do the 144,000 know who they are? Have any ever left?

by somebodylovesme 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Nathan, I read Amazing's recount of his anointed status in the org and it's all true, sad to say...they DO keep all who profess to be of the anointed under scrutiny, including their fam members....we were spied upon for years and my youngest was prevented from being baptised (which I realize as a blessing now) because of it.....even though we had no power or say-so or ability to contribute any input into the goings-on at Bethel....It's just another way to keep control over the masses...and to flaunt a symbolic superiority, unrealistic though it may be....

LOTS of "someone elses" have been chosen in the past couple of decades, because the number making this claim worldwide has remained pretty flat, and it SHOULD be going down each year.

It's a wonder the number hasn't increased, since all a person has to do is open one's mind to the power, hope and promises held forth in the scriptures....if one can ignore all the dictates of the Society to hold only to the Watchtower writings.....<g>

FB

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

BTW, SLM, I'm sure there are others like myself who have had their eyes opened and left the org....but rumor has it that there was a rather large group of anointed who had the audacity to meet together outside the parameters established by Bethel, in order to compare notes on their anointing, etc....this supposedly occurred sometime during the 50's....and they were all disfellowshipped. There's a fine example of loving-kindness and fellow-feeling shown by the governing haughty.

Frannie B

• mouthy
    mouthy

At the last EX- JW Convention I attended in Oct 2003 there were four of the Annointed there ( NOW OUT) They still believe they are going to heaven ( but not with the 144.0000 ) they are going with the millions of others that are going or have gone Rev 19:1..".the great crowd>>>> IN HEAVEN!!!!WOW!!! NEW LIGHT!!! NO just reading the scriptures as written- not as the WT wants you to read it.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Can I drive the big wheel with eyes all around it or has someone already spoken for that?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Can I drive the big wheel with eyes all around it or has someone already spoken for that?

LOL, Shotgun! Ya mean the wheel within a wheel with eyes all around 'em? I have the concession on that one and there's a six-month waiting list for rentals, but I'll see what I can do for ya...heheheh

Frannie B

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Wow, thanks for sharing all of these stories!! The more I read this board, the more I understand, and the less I want to know. It's so sick. I am so thankful that my husband is OUT of this garbage - and yet thankful he is not DF'ed/DA'ed, so his family still speaks to him. :) Many things to be thankful for today.

SLM

• wednesday
    wednesday

The problem i have with believing that all will go to heaven, is then am i obliged to believe in hellfire? I cannot and do not accept that as a christain teaching. I believe only man would think up something that hateful to do to a person. Besides, it makes no sense.

weds

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

All the stuff in Revelation is "symbolic!" I recall a "class" I had in Bethel, I guess around 1978, for new Bethelites. Anyway, Schroder (on the GB) led the discussion and opened the class to questions. One of the questions was, "how do we know that the 144,000" are a literal number?" Well, the answer he gave still haunts me today, since he never really answered the question, but gave-out a bunch of rhetoric from old Watchtowers! This got me thinking (which most JW?s are no longer able to do), "might the 144,000 be a symbolic number?" Anyway, most everything in Revelation is symbolic, so why not the 144,000? Take a good look at what the Bible actually says.

FACTS:

Israel ? Symbolic!

12 Tribes ? Symbolic!

12,000 in each tribe ? Symbolic!

The names of the tribes ? Symbolic!

The location of the 12 tribes ? Symbolic!

Somehow, when Watchtower adds-up the 12 symbolic tribes of 12,000 symbolic members, it becomes literal! Is this wacky or what?

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I can remember only one anointed person who I became very friendly with as a young boy. He was from nigeria and a family member of one of my neighbors. Funny thing is I had a very warm and good feeling being with this old guy holding his hand in field service and such. Even his public prayers were very sincere and warm. HOWEVER when in Bethel I never felt that towards NONE of the professed governing body members who were more like members of the Bilderberger group. European males who hated everyone under them who was an American!

Ahh, who cares!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

How do they know? The Society is not that specific, other than to say in some older publications that when such ones read the Bible, especially the Christian Greek Scriptures (JW-talk for the New Testament) they view it as a private "letter" from a father to a son/daughter. Here?s the problem, right off the bat! Shouldn?t all Christians have such feelings? Of course, the hope is no longer extended to anyone anyone, because Watchtower says that the literal number of 144,000 (their concept) was filled by 1935 or so (see my previous post about this issue), and therefore, any "replacements" would have to come from those "high-up" in the organization. Well, isn?t very convenient?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit