How the Audiocassette made JT into a Society Man!!!

by JT 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Great piece, again, JT>

The Society has tried to present this as "their CONSCIENCES WERE JUST VERY STRICT IS WHY THEY WENT TO PRISON" WHILE THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS that IS A LIE As he put it ---during the Vietnam War all the young bro were getting draft letters Him and his mama went to the elders to get advice and they shared with him the Current position in the wt---- where basically it stated if you are Loyal you will not take the alternative job--GO TO JAIL OR BE DFED---POINT BLANK?

I remember those days and then the WTS came out in 1998 and said it had always been personal decision! You're right, a brother that chose alternative service during the Vietnam Era would have been DF'd and I know one who was. It is amazing what brownnosing the WTS will do to get in good with "worldly" governments to be recognized as a religion. What happened to standing up for what is right, being persecuted, and going underground?

Blondie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Excellent JT, thanks for sharing, you have a unique writing style that really keeps your attention.

Very few "fast track SOCIETY MEN" ever have the honesty to call a spade a spade. I commend you for having integrity that most SOCIETY MEN don't.

• gumby
    gumby
    he taught me how to make a talk live , how to move folks to take actions, how to tell exp whether they were old or new one, how to MAKE THEM LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

And here I thought it was a persons own love for god that moved them and made them live........not some shinny-ass sounding salseman.

Awesome story my man!

I have always wondered why MORE do not leave bethel than they do. Bethel exposes many things non-bethelites never see. They see the man-made part of dublife, predjudice, favoritism, and little compassion. Perhaps more exit the borg from there than I am aware of.

You said 60 years you have been a bible believer? How old are you? I pictured you in your 40-50's.

Gumby

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

JT,

Thanks for the great post.

---Dan

• jimbob
    jimbob

JT-

I've always enjoyed reading your posts. You have much insight to many things that most of us have no idea about. I would love to sit down with you and hear about all your experiences. For anyone beginning to question the Society, all they have to do is read your posts to know what the Society is REALLY about. Thanks!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A ripping yarn James.

Thanks for that.

• JT
    JT
    A ripping yarn James.

Thanks for that.

no problem- you welcome

• JT
    JT
    Love your stories JT, please don't stop.

If your ever in Washington state, come over to my place and I'll cook you and the lady some beans&rice&cornbread with tall glasses of ice tea.

hey i may just take you up on the offer- thanks

• jgnat
    jgnat

That reads like a marvellous full-blown rant. I would like to hear it in a rollicking Baptist church with the sisters hollering Halleleujah! and Amen! at the good parts.

"Solid food belongs to mature lurkers"

True! LOL

I am linking this post on my Newbie thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit