Paul’s teaching of all sins being forgiven for the gentiles and the JWs?

by Crazyguy2 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Paul teaches through many of his writings using terms like justification, redemption, atonement etc. that gentiles are not only forgiven of sin both past and present but even their conscience is clean of such actions. How do the JW teachings get around all these scriptures and Pauline books in the Bible that clearly teach this???

• cofty
    cofty

JWs do technically teach that their sins are forgiven on the basis of Jesus' death even if their understanding of that is different from most xtians.

You can basically say anything an evangelical xtian would say regarding soteriology and a JW would just keep nodding their head but there is a significant difference.

Put simply, xtians believe Jesus died for their sins. JWs believe Jesus died because of what Adam did.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

But clearly JWs talk and teach as if one has to work for gods favor where Paul said otherwise?

• MaxTan
    MaxTan

Of course they do, to make everybody work *for them* to get salvation from their "God". To convince those sorry losers that unpaid labor in their construction or recruitment projects is okay for God.

• waton
    waton

todays daily text deals with that (miserabel man that I am) " those that take refuge in Jehovah do not need to be overwhelmed by guilt".

As cofty said, wt will apply all these texts, but for the OS, it will take a thousand years to see the results.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........and this probably is why you see so many shitty deplorable people who are JWS, they get reminded twice a week that their god died for their sins and therefore are redeemed.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    How do the JW teachings get around all these scriptures and Pauline books in the Bible that clearly teach this???

Simple. The Watchtower has convinced the vast majority of their membership that the New Covenant isn't for "forgiveness of sins" as clearly stated in Mt. 26: 27 & 28. (They teach it is ONLY for Government positions in the kingdom)

Once they convince a person of this, it is then easy to simply state that the bible ONLY applies to the anointed (meaning NOT YOU)

One of the most bizarre and utterly heretical WT teachings is that the entire NEW TESTAMENT does not apply to the average bible reader (a "whosoever").

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already - John 3

In other words, only the WT leaders get to receive God's free gift of salvation - in between trips to the liquor store of course. Everybody else has to work for it. And then only, "probably" you may get eternal life.

How nice.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

great comment Sea Breeze! So true! JWs seem only familiar with "covenant for a kingdom" and not the one you pointed out in Matthew 26 re the forgiveness of sins.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Sea Breeze. It reminds when my vision seemed blurry and I thought I was losing my sight. So I went to an optician, and she said the problem was that my lenses were out of alignment, she fixed them and suddenly I saw clearly now (thanks to Joni Mitchell). Sometimes, that's what we all need, getting our lenses aligned.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I agree with Blondie on the lenses alignment! The very best way to align your lenses, so you can see clearly, is to leave the wt organization! My damn vision is now 20-20 and I'm 72!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit