60's kids sign in!

by Beans 42 Replies latest jw friends

• copsec
    copsec

September 1966 here. I LOVED 80's music also Lost Diamond. So much fun to dance too. Although there is some great dance music out right now too. Going dancing Friday night as a matter of fact. Gotta shake that groove thang! LOL

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I loved the 70's and 80's. Would have enjoyed it alot more of it wasn't for the Borg.

• gumby
    gumby

Ok.......so far 5 people here have broken the rules and were not born in the 60's......you bastards!

So.......I'm gonna do the same. Born in 54' and I'm an old bastard......but how I remember the 60's. I think the 60's was perhaps the best years the US had seen ( except for the war). I think the 60's brought in an era like no other time.

Gumby

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

1964! A Leo as well :) July 25th

• 68storm
    68storm

Well, well.....Beans....68 eh? I am afraid I wasn't born that year (a few years older than that) but something traumatic did happen that year. I had the misfortune of meeting my ex jw wife that year. She was only 17 then and (though she was born into the cult) she was rebelling for a while at that time.

That is the reason for my moniker. What a storm that turned out to be!

I must admit that something wonderful did occur because of it. She at least blessed me with four great sons and all of them get the garlic out whenever they encounter a dub.

I also bought my first new car back in 68. A Mercury Cyclone, 4 speed big block. What a rush that was, cruising the 401 at 150 mph. Lost my license because of it, and I've yet to learn from that experience.

Today I own two of these very rare muscle cars, and have a blast cruising around in the summer.

The best part of the sixties! Mick Jagger and the boys, still going strong.

Rock on Mick..... and he is even older than I am!

68storm

• Beans
    Beans

WOW, this brought back more memories reading posts, I recall wearing brown high heel boots to the meetings and lots of polyester.

How about all the cars with mags on them and the hand murals on vans and on the hoods of cars!

• jgnat
    jgnat

<----- plaid polyester jumpsuit and curly perm.

yup.

Sixties baby.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Y'all suck! What about us 70's kid's?

Gosh! Am I that young? No!

~Aztec

• Mac
    Mac

Well, I was a child in the 60's.........I once tried to commit suicide by jumping out of a huge pair of blue suede platforms with orange stiching and snap pockets on the ankles........got caught in the laces on the way down.....only thing that saved me..!

mac

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

<------- born in 1969!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit