My Belief in Prayer

by compound complex 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My faith in prayer is firmly founded in the fact that sometimes when I needed something, I got it. The fact that others with more desperate needs than mine went totally ignored was of no concern to me; _my_ relationship with the Universal Sovereign was secure. Let each work out his own salvation.

...oops, running low on peanut butter!

"O Great and Powerful Lord Jehovah, Creator and Ruler of The Heavens and The Earth and all those who live in them, please send me some peanut butter. In the name of your magical Son Jesus Christ I ask, AMEN."

god, I love peanut butter!

• LV101
    LV101

God's "Timetable" just nauseates me.

Coco - was the Aid book Ray Franz's work? Wish I'd saved it -- not certain I ever had it but recall looking through one at someone's home. Also, heard about the Book of James that the cult discontinued -- many were fond of it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Otherwise, you humans just try waiting a few centuries longer for help. -- Spiral

And a few more centuries have passed . . .

I still kind of miss the situations I had imagined in my head: -- GrreatTeacher

Yes, GT, we had lots of imaginings going on in our collective heads!

THANKS!

• compound complex
    compound complex

My faith in prayer is firmly founded in the fact that sometimes when I needed something, I got it. . . . please send me some peanut butter. -- Nathan Natas

Nothing more needs be said.

was the Aid book Ray Franz's work? -- LV101

I believe so, along with Charlie Ploeger and others. Ed Dunlap wrote Commentary on the Book of James. So sad and wrong what happened to such dedicated brothers.

THANKS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit