JW Publishers Please Let Your Articles Be Based on Facts not Opinion

by Daniel tells the Naked Truth 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Daniel tells the Naked Truth
    Daniel tells the Naked Truth

Whoever published this article should strive to get his or her facts straight. The gospel should not be preached based on people's opinion rather it should be preached as a message, just as it is. This article implies that astrology, fortune telling, divination and fortune telling as being all wrong and all. Fact is astrology is as real as anything, biblical example the three wise men were astrologers, they studied stars and their relation to human behavior so that means astrology is real. Saul consulted a medium and she brought forth a spirit form of Samuel. Paul/ Peter were constantly followed by a girl who was a fortune teller and could truly predict real events. So these things are real. The thing is God discourages them because when human beings try to control or oversee their future, the consequences are dire. Such as the three wise men caused the death of all children in Bethlehem. Saul consulting the medium alienated him further away from God and encouraged him to go to war rather than make peace with God. Fortune telling ensured that the slave girl continued to be a slave to demons and to men. These things are discouraged because men try to control their fate rather than let God who sees everything do it. The evil about divination and everything is that it tells half the story and people end up getting hurt.

• Onager
    Onager

There's a difference between astrology being real as in existing as a concept and being real as in a working practice.

Lots of people believe in and use astrology, but it doesn't work. No form of divination works any better than educated guessing.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If God can use the devil to accomplish His will, why not astrologers, mediums and those with familiar spirits.

• Onager
    Onager
    If God can use the devil to accomplish His will, why not astrologers, mediums and those with familiar spirits.

First you need to prove that God uses the devil to accomplish his will, *then* you can use that fact to extrapolate that God also uses astrologers, mediums etc.

Of course if you can do that you'll be the most famous man on the planet, so good luck.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Didn't realize how easy it is to become famous.

2 Corinthians 12:7 for starters.

1 Samuel 16:14

God can use the devil to accomplish His purpose. If that were not the case satan would have never made it into the garden in the first place. Over and over God used Israel's enemies to chastise His people and lead them to repentance.

• Onager
    Onager

Thanks for your reply Vanderhoven7, but I hope you'll agree that we can't use written texts as proofs.

There are written (well, carved) accounts of Sumerian Kings reigning for over 20,000 years. I'm sure you don't accept those texts as proof so I hope you can understand why I, and the majority of the rest of humanity, don't accept bible verses as proof.

I mean this is the same bible that when it's writers were compiling their own dynastic lists copied the Sumerian idea of ridiculous life spans for their patriarchs. Further, it has more magic in it than The Lord of the Rings, more talking animals in it than the Chronicles of Narnia and more moral ambiguity than Tomas de Torquemada's personal diary.

Why would anyone accept anything written in it as proof of anything happening in the real world?

• sir82
    sir82

Fact is astrology is as real as anything

Word.

It's every bit as real as, say, the idea that a 600 year old man built a huge wooden chest and lived on it for year with his family and a bunch of animals, and that the entire earth was literally 100% under water just 4400 years ago.

• Daniel tells the Naked Truth
    Daniel tells the Naked Truth

Astrology, witchcraft and divination works. Travel the world and you'll see. There are biblical proofs to that and physical proofs as well. If these things do not take place in places near you they do happen elsewhere and trust me, they are real

• jaydee
  • Onager
    Onager
    Astrology, witchcraft and divination works. Travel the world and you'll see. There are biblical proofs to that and physical proofs as well. If these things do not take place in places near you they do happen elsewhere and trust me, they are real

But I don't trust you Daniel tells the Naked Truth. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you are a good, honest person, but put the shoe on the other foot, do you trust me? :)

All we have to go on is words on a screen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit