My last letter to the Elders

by gavindlt 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• DadSeekingTruth
    DadSeekingTruth

Hi WingCommander and Jhine

I haven't approached the media yet or recorded my experience. I hope and plan to.

No i am not part of any Christiaan group. Like Ray Franz I can never go there again.

Establishing what my faith is has had to take a start from fresh. I have had to and still renegotiate and unwind every JW doctrine.

My self discovery and eclectic borrowing from many sources including from this site so far had been able to sustain my faith.

Its a challenge!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    No i am not part of any Christiaan group. Like Ray Franz I can never go there again.

This is how the brainwashing of the filthy, disgusting JW cult works.

If they can't have your money, no one else will.

• jhine
    jhine

Yep Punky , how true .

I did read somewhere, possibly on here , that this is a deliberate aim of the Org. To make sure that if someone leaves they find it impossible to go elsewhere to have Christian fellowship.

Please don't rule out the possibility, in the future, of finding a group of believers who you can feel comfortable with .

Jan

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

I think what really shocked me was that in getting my formal response to my GDPR information request I found out for the first time formally that all these elders had communicated to all the publishers behind my back that I am considered to be a child abuser. I reported them to the police but the police said even though the courts and investigation exonerated me and these elders refused to accept the judgement I still could not charge them with a hate crime. My only recourse was to sue them civilly for defamation and slander!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. As a Christian, fellowship with other Christians is an inseparable part of the package. BUT the part to lose is loyalty to a DENOMINATION, which ultimately equates to following men, puts a roadblock between the individual and Christ, and violates the specific scripture that says 'sects' are part of the earthly things to avoid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit