The Hailstone Message :2018 Assembly

by jwdoctrine 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

The following is the talk of the assembly followed by my 15 minutes commentary.i have included part of my notes below which I used for the commentary

WHAT IS THE HAILSTONE MESSAGE?

IS IT LITERAL OR SYMBOLIC?

The Hailstone Message

For years now the Watchtower has been promoting the idea that Jehovah’s Witnesses all over the world go from door to door in fulfillment of Matthew 24:14: “ And the good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come”.This message consists from a “message of good will” preached to the world up to the time of the the Great Tribulation and a message of “judgement”during the Great Tribulation .The talk you’ve just seen was a talk about this message of judgement which apparently has been prophesied in the book of Revelation as a “hailstone message” but as always is this the case?

So this is the verse in question(read rev. 16:21)

The Watchtower has for years now portrayed the verse in Revelation 16:21 as a symbolism ,referring to it a hard hitting message of judgement upon the world .But is this explanation solidly based based on the Bible? Let’s find out :

W84 3/15 p.19 par 17

One of the basic rule of Bible interpretation is to consider a verse in the light of its immediate context.Every Bible scholar on this planet will tell you that ripping verses out of their immediate context and then applying interpretation is the worst most dangerous way to interpret the Bible.So what does the immediate context has to say in Revelation 16? Are these literal hailstones falling of the sky OR a symbolic “haistone message?” Let’s read the immediate context from verse 17:

There is absolutely nothing in the immediate context about a symbolic hailstone message .All we have is physical phenomena like hailstones and earthquakes and physical bodies like cities islands and mountains .This has nothing to do with a witnessing and everything to do with physical disasters plagues upon the humankind.

In actual fact the cross references that the NWT itself provides for this verse point to physical disasters and nothing symbolic

In many ways the end of the world will be similar to the end of the kingdom of Egypt back in the days of Moses.In the same way Jehovah destroyed the nation of Egypt with the use of 10 plagues God will incorporate similar plagues to accomplish his judgement upon mankind but this time in a worldwide scale. In fact the Watchtower having seen the obvious of this interpretation half admits its validity in the book Revelation-Its Grand Climax at Hand! The now out of print commentary of the last book of the Bible

re chap. 32 p. 234 pars. 38-39

• Half banana
    Half banana

You write as if you believe the Bible to be meaningful. . . it isn't.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The Bible is total nonsense. We can't make sense out of nonsense. Then why take the pains to investigate.
  • jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

sorry guys I forgot to mention ...this is for believers only

BUT even if you are not a believer you can see the WT inaccuracies in their doctrine

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    In the same way Jehovah destroyed the nation of Egypt with the use of 10 plagues

An Almighty god can free his people in an instant with infinite ways. Why negotiate and bargain with the Pharoah and punish the innocent people with all those plagues. A very silly and horrific fairly tale

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

It was a demonstration of power over the false gods of Egypt and the plagues stroke certain parts of Egyptian life protected from the particular deity

• steve2
    steve2

I tried to hear what was said in the hailstone message but sadly the noise from the hailstones drowned out the message.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi jwdoctrine,

As usual with many other subjects, the WT speaker makes no attempt to explain or show why the hailstones in the verse equate with a "message." This is just one of those things that "we know."

The closest thing to a post Babylon the Great message in Revelation is Rev 19:5-8. But there is only praise to God mentioned there.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Wait a minute....I got it!

All that selling of KH..... it's for getting a ton of money for....guess what? The Hailstone Message !

• waton
    waton

Hailstones in this case of the book of revelation revelations,-- the size of melons, are supposed to be hardened waters of truth.

This can hardly be said of current wt doctrinal trends, overlapping tepid wavelets lapping at the shores.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit