Any stats on retention rates in mixed homes?

by Steel 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

I have a wife that I would say is a social witness. I have never once had a meaningful discussion about the bible or even seen her read the damn thing. She puts up a pretty facade of being a good witness but isn’t really a religious person.

I have a five year old son who is really starting to hate going to the Kingdom Hall. I just feel so terrible for him.

The problem is I can see his future social circle being all witnesses. He has cousins and two other kids the same age in the hall. Of course being an anti social loner like myself I really don’t offer much. I am currently trying to find some Christian friends with young children.

Hopefully I can just tell this kid in a few years this is all nonsense is centred around a failed prediction in 1914 and an editing of the New Testament.

Is there anything I can say or do to save him from this garbage.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

My father (long dead) who knew it was all bull shit, said nothing to me growing up.

I hate him for that. Sure I could have blew it all off and still grew up a Nazis Jehovah Witness (which is what I did). In which case he could have said "I tried to warn you"

But it never happened. My mother ended up running the whole show until she died/killed herself.

So my advise is talk to your son and never stop talking to him. This religion is deadly do not let your wife march him into it.

New Boy

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEEL:

If you are passive and don’t make an effort to show your child something else - all he is going to know is Witness world!

If I were you I would do all I can to make this less likely to happen! I’m glad I wasn’t raised a JW and feel sorry for any kid who was.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Steel: why is your child even going to the KH in the first place?

Are you going? Why? Is that the example you want to set for your child?

If you're not going, why is your child?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Take comfort in knowing that of those born into the religion only 1/3 will remain in it as adults. The odds are in your favour.

When a POMO / PIMO is married to a PIMI, the general trend is that it never ends well, so good care and discernment is needed, in order for the relationship is to work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit