Talking of 'Old Timers'.....Valis BigTex OnaCruise etc

by ScottyRex 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

What happened to these guys. I remember chatting and sparring with these guys years ago. I read on here that Onacruise passed away (Craig) that was a shame he was a good man, and his ex wife Kate. I didn't get on that much with Valis, tho liked Englishman alot. The bloke with the cat pic was good ??? and Big Tex and his wife were always smashers, and good people. and Tatiana.

As for me, 15 plus years ago on here I was told I would be 'apostate' by now. No. still not. Interested what 'Believer' is posting recently, even if I don't always agree..but I feel his heart is in the right place.

As for the rest of you rabid dirty apostate heartless scoundrels......well, I might glance at you in the back of the kingdom hall, and maybe chuck you a sideways glance (and a creme egg if it's near easter) other than that........15 years. Blimey. (and so many names I forgot)

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, so many amazing characters have passed through the doors in the last couple of decades.

It reminds me of "Lost" ... how it's a bunch of random people who's lives cross and touch each other. A moment in time, and many will never know how much their words had such an impact on others.

• Matty
    Matty

I guess there could be lots of people that fits a "The bloke with the cat pic" description, but i like to think you are possibly reminiscing about me ScottyRex, as I was quite big in these parts many years ago (said in a Norma Desmond voice)!

• cobweb
    cobweb
    The bloke with the cat pic was good ???

Your not thinking of Fred Hall? He was a troll from around that time and used to refer to himself as a cat. He used to be nasty sometimes but people used to tolerate him. I can't remember if he had a cat avatar.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Fred Hall had a pic of Darth Maul. He was entertaing but one day he went too far. I think Simon gave him the boot. Also, I used to enjoy posts by Lisa (LDH).

• Matty
    Matty

Actually, I think now that ScottyRex probably meant Brummie - terrific poster who had a smiling kitty as an avatar.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

As for me, 15 plus years ago on here I was told I would be 'apostate' by now. No. still not. Interested what 'Believer' is posting recently, even if I don't always agree..but I feel his heart is in the right place.

15 years ago if you'd have raised your hand in one of the many Watchtower studies discussing the closeness of the end and you stated that you believed that this system would still be here in the year 2017, you'd have been branded as an apostate or at the very least, "spiritually weak". Yet here we are in 2017, 103 years past 1914, and here you are, still visiting and commenting on an "apostate" forum. Lightening hasn't struck you dead for doing so, nor has the holy spirit lead the Elders to your door for being a disobedient wolf among the sheep. The only deaths that have occurred, were from natural causes. No one was destroyed, no cataclysmic event came, yet the tired old end of the world song continues to play while each of the dancers drop, one by one, until they are all gone, forgotten and replaced by others who think they are the ones who'll beat the odds. It happened before us and it will be happening long after we're gone.

• clarity
    clarity

As for the rest of you rabid dirty apostate heartless scoundrels......well, I might glance at you in the back of the kingdom hall, and maybe chuck you a sideways glance (and a creme egg if it's near easter)

Hey Scottie, your assumption that any of us is sitting in a kingdum hall is idiotic.... surely you jest !

Other than that you can take your sideways glance & your crème egg and shove it!

• just fine
    just fine

I remember all those guys from back when there was the chat functions. Valis really made me question some things. Seems like a lifetime ago.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

too true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit