Awake! Magazine April 22 1970

by pale.emperor 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

ToesUp,

We have a Baptist Church that is extremely close to the local KH. This church is so large that they use a shuttle bus in their parking lot to transport people from their cars to the entrance of the church. The lot far exceeds the size of any Walmart parking lot by at least 2X. Everyone in the neighborhood knows when this church let's out and you do not go on any of the surrounding roads because the police are there to allow this traffic out of this church for the next 30 minutes.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

rebelfighter

We have 2 of those by us as well. Shuttle buses and all. Crazy. Maybe you live by me.;)

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Meddling in people's marriages and ruining children's lives - great legacy of the self-glorifying bastard cult.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

ToesUp are you in Florida?

• Ding
    Ding

I'll wager that because of the thought control most JWs reading all that stuff wouldn't see the double standards at all.

• Ding
    Ding

Sadly, I'll wager that because of the thought control most JWs could read all that stuff and not see the double standards at all...

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Rewrite of page 9, pars 2, 3

The Effect

The effect upon may devout Jehovah's Witnesses has been devastating. "All these years I thought it was a sin to eat any form of blood, " explained a housewife in the mid-western United States. "Now I suddenly find out it isn't a sin to take in blood fractions. That's hard to understand."

If you are a Jehovah's Witness, can you understand how a practice that was considered by the Organization a "mortal sin" can suddenly be approved? If it was a sin five years ago, why is it not today? Many Jehovah's Witnesses cannot understand.

• Ding
    Ding

Christendom can't be trusted because it changes its teachings.

The WT can be trusted without question because it keeps getting new light from Jehovah.

????

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Evangelical religions are increasing in membership in Spanish speaking countries. Some growth here in the US. Religion loves misery. And needless to say, the UN doesn't give a damn.

• Chook
    Chook

My mind can't get around the demonic actions of baptising children who when older can't genuinely visit other church's without life long sanctions. I can't understand there are people out there who's parents shun them to the extent of no relationship with gran children and don't even attend funerals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit