looking for best helping wife out jw

by midwest 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

The following comes from freeminds:

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/openmind.htm

It is rare to find a Witness who has not seen or heard information exposing the dishonesty of the Watchtower. Why, then, do they not see a problem? Evidently, something else has prevented them from objectively analyzing factual information. Their minds are trained to stop short of doubting the organization - a wall has been erected which says, in effect, "This far you may go, and no further."

What kind of powerful motivation prevents the Witness from entering the "dangerous" waters of critical investigation? The motivation is fear; the underlying problem is misplaced securities. The Christian concept of trusting a supernatural God is replaced with a more visible and concrete symbol, namely, the organization; God's organization. The Witness learns that serving the organization is the same as serving God. The organization is the mother, God is the father, and the Witness is to obey his "parents." Since the Witness cannot see nor experience real interaction with God, his only tie with God is through the visible organization. It is, in effect, "God" to him (though he would not admit to or recognize it).

Convincing the Witness that the organization is deceptive is like trying to convince a 5-year-old child who loves his parents that his father is in jail for armed robbery - he simply doesn't believe his father is dishonest. In fact, he can't tolerate the thought, since he has placed all of his security and trust in his father and mother. The truth is too fearful and devastating to consider. Therefore, to protect his source of security, he rejects the factual information as being a lie.

The same is true of the Witness. He knows that if the organization is not really directed by God, he has no other tangible security to go to. He says, "Where else can I go?" So he remains within the system as years go by, continuing to ignore the barrage of factual information undermining the entire Watchtower structure. The more and more he ignores the facts, the more narrow-minded and adamant he becomes that he will never change, and he is more convinced than ever that he has the truth. He digs himself into a trench, erecting all sorts of mental barricades against his real enemy, which is doubt. While this seems incredible to the person trying to reach the Witness with the facts, it is just a simple protective mechanism, keeping the Witness from the trauma of losing his sense of security. In order to rationalize away the false prophecies and inconsistencies of the organization, the Witness must, in effect, deceive himself into thinking there is really no discrepancy in the organization. 1

While Christians have their security in a spiritual relationship with the person of Christ, Witnesses are taught to put faith in an organization. If they have faith in the organization, they have faith in God. The two are inseparable; so much so, that to lose faith in the organization means a corresponding loss of faith in God. This is precisely why the Witness must protect himself through the process of self-deception. He cannot bear the pain of losing his faith.

(the arcticle continues)

• hooberus
    hooberus

The January 15, 1970 Watchtower p. 37-40 contains arcticle titled:

"Which Comes First- Your Church or God?"

"The "first man" represents the believers who remain faithful to their church out of loyalty to the religion they were brought to believe in. Thier attitude is: Right or wrong, it is my religion! Is that the way you feel? If so, you are certainly a loyal person. But to whom do you owe the greater loyalty-to your church, or to God? With so much disbelief rife throughout the earth, you are to be commended for maintaining your faith, but where should your faith be placed-in a religious organization, or in God?" p.37

"The "second man" mentioned in the Nouvel Observateur represents those Catholics and Protestants who stay with their church because they do not know where else to go. They havebeen taught that their church represents God, and they do not want to turn away from him. They disapprove of many church practices or doctrines, but they hope to reform their church from within. Typical of these are the 744 French Catholics who, in November 1968, sent a long open letter to the pope. In it they stated: "Today the Christian needs to live in a 'true' Church . . . Therefore all that is false, contrary to the Gospel and scandalous within the Church today wounds the Christian." Then followed a long list of grievances against the Catholic Church and it current teachings and practices. Yet, toward the end, these catholics expressed their unconditional adherence to their church by alluding to John 6:68 and stating: "Who could we go to? In her [the Roman Catholic Church] we find the One who has words of eternal life." p.39

I beileve that this Watchtower arcticle can with a few simple questions * be used effectively to separate the witnesses "Loyalty to God" from "Loyalty to the Organization". The Issue of faith in a religious organization being separte from faith in God is addressed nicely. Also issues of "where else to go" and the misappication of John 6:68 from Christ to a "church" or "organization" can be very effectively brought up using this arcticle.

In an earlier post the follwing was given by a former witness as some of the reasons for staying in the Watchtower Organization.

"Obstacles/hinderances: Loyalty. Thinking that there was no where else to go. Fear of the unknown. Believing God and the Watchtower were inseperable. Believing we would lose Gods protective barrier and bring death on our family (Like Job) if we left."

I believe that the above article can be used effectively and non-offensively to deal with these common issues.

*Is loyalty to a religious organizaion that claims to represent God the same as loyalty to God?

*Is faith in an organization that claims to represent God the same as faith in God?

*Is doubting an organization that claims to represent God the same as doubting God?

*Is John 6:68 talking about not leaving a religious organization or about not leaving a person (Jesus Christ)?

• hooberus
  • gumby
    gumby

From a biblical perspective.......that was a nice job hoob.

Gumby

• midwest
    midwest

HI HOOBERUS

PROBLEY TO LATE FOR MIND CONTROL WITH HER , BUT ANY DIRECTION TO ASURE FAMILY

STAYS OUT WOULD BE APPREIATED

• detective
    detective

Try thumbing throigh Cult expert Seteven Hassan's books. "combatting Mind Control" and his latest, "releasing the Bonds: empowering people to think for themselves".

"Releasing the Bonds..." in particular was very helpful to me as I worked to get my dear friend out after being raised in the organization for over twenty five years. My friend is now out, but it took years of heartache to get him to see his way out (and he still has a long way to go).

Seriously, read "Releasing the Bonds..." and during the meantime, bone up on Watchtower history. You've got a battle ahead- get armed!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Midwest, if it comes down to separation and/or divorce, you might consider a fight using the WT-BATS and their locally designated reps as the "third-party" alienating your wife's affections....just a suggestion.

Frannie B

• midwest
    midwest

hi frannie

please pm me and explain further for as of this morn. elders still belief i'm with their study , haven't severed all ties & wife is now attemting to talk w/me

midwest

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Midwest, you have a PM.

FB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit