Peer Pressure amongst witnesses

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wild_Thing - "It is pretty fascinating to read about Group Think from a psychological perspective."

Albeit horrifying from a social and ethical perspective.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Vidot .... yes, that is very, very true.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I just copied that list to print out and leave out on my home desk. Who knows it if will be read by my husband. At least JW is not identified by name in there.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    The JW life is like 'running on a hamster wheel'. Until you wake up and just stop running, they see that your wheel is no longer spinning and they want to know why?
  • flipper
    flipper
    STUCKINARUT- My wife and I were just talking about this - this morning. And talking about everybody trying to outdo another fellow JW. And talking about the flip-side of this coin also that if a fellow JW expresses doubts about the GB or WT organization - it's like that person who expresses doubts gets whispered about behind his or her back - and in actuality NO JW can openly talk to others in the congregation about their doubts or they will be ratted out to the elders ! It's like the old Mad magazine " spy versus spy " episode where your fellow JW's do NOT honor boundaries and will rat each other out to elders because someone has doubts. Thus you get all these sinister people running around all paranoid scared shitless about talking against the WT organization- or a person they consider a " brother " or a " sister " will rat them out for their doubts. I mean- THIS is insanity . Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • brandnew
    brandnew

I was always a worker, never put more than 6 hrs a month, but always had nice cars, and money in my pocket. I remember so cal taking my parents to meetings on sunday to a few meetings in a convertible cadillac....i was 19 yrs old.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Beer Pressure is better😀🍺🍺🍺
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    I meant 6 hrs in field serve us.
  • dontfitin
    dontfitin

This is what basically kicked my daughter out the door. She would have been happy at the hall, she is not a big "questioner". But she wasn't a big field service fan, and wants to go to college. The horror!

All she ever got was how she should be pioneering, how she was worldly to want to go to college, how she was worldly for even enjoying school, she should hate it like everyone else.. Constant. Always left out of things, in spite of not doing anything wrong - except not conforming to these "unofficial" rules.

My DH was so surprised she wants nothing to do with them anymore. It's for the best, but still... I wish those bozos could see what they are doing. Maybe that is what they want though, to have only the uber-dubs left, and everyone else gone. That's where it's going anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit