JW's: When EXACTLY did Jesus become king?

by BoogerMan 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

I thought it was in 1914. Silly me!

w78 3/1 p. 18 par. 15 - When was God’s Son made a King-Priest like Melchizedek? This was 40 days after his resurrection from the dead, when he ascended to heaven.

it-2 p. 711 - Upon his ascension to heaven, he was seated at God’s right hand, (as king???) waiting until his enemies would be placed as a stool for his feet. He also became a priest according to the manner of Melchizedek. (wasn't he a king–priest???)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I can see the spin now:

See there? The WT never claimed that Jesus became King in 1914. Apostates are just liars. That's why we are strongly admonished to not listen to them. We listen to Jehovah instead of apostates.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

You might be right Sea Breeze. No, hold on -

w51 5/1 p. 283 - Jehovah became King in 1914 when he placed his appointed king, Christ Jesus, upon his heavenly throne as his kingly representative,

w60 5/15 p. 311 - That 1914 indeed marks the year Jehovah became King is conclusively proved by the voices in heaven that John in his apocalyptic vision heard:

w87 7/1 p. 21 par. 2 - One such awakening began soon after Jesus became King in 1914.

w89 4/1 p. 11 par. 6 - It indicates that it applies primarily to “the Lord’s day,” which began when Jesus became King in 1914.

w92 11/15 p. 22 par. 18 - Christ became King in 1914.

w93 11/1 p. 23 par. 23 - In 1914, Jesus—the heavenly warrior Michael—became King of God’s heavenly Kingdom.

w95 10/15 p. 22 par. 22 - Jesus became King in 1914.

w06 9/15 p. 3 - Jesus Christ became King in heaven in the year 1914.

w11 7/1 p. 17 - Jesus became King in 1914

w12 8/1 p. 17 - Events since 1914 confirm that Jesus became King in that year.

w13 7/15 p. 6 par. 11 - It was noted that Jesus became King of God’s Kingdom in 1914

The WT CD ROM will haunt them till they die!

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

-- When EXACTLY did Jesus become king?

-- Jesus became king after the resurrection and before the day of Pentecost,

more precisely at the "ascension" - or "after forty days" from the resurrection...

~~~~~~

Acts 2:36

Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord (King)

and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

• waton
    waton

He had a kingdom of his love. Col.1:13, christians are in it since that time.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Future occurrence. "And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever." (Rev. 11:15 NWT)

Jesus will govern for a thousand years, after Satan had been abyssed.

And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3 And he hurled him into the abyss and shut [it] and sealed [it] over him, that he might not mislead the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After these things he must be let loose for a little while.

4 And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. (Rev. 20:1-4 NWT)

Afterwards he gives the kingdom back to his Father.

For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet.

26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.

27 For [God] subjected all things under his feet. But when he says that all things have been subjected, it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him.

28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

(1 Cor. 15:25-28 NWT)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Any experienced dub would explain their belief thatJesus became King in the realm of Heaven after his ascension and was a king of the Christian congregation. At 1914 he was granted the Kingdom over the Earth , and began his Parousia or Heavenly presence. After Armageddon his Millennium Kingdom will begin when his rule is empowered over mankind.

Simple, isn’t it ? ( don’t blame me , I didn’t write this stuff)

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

So many brother at the end of the prayer say through our reigning king Christ Jesus

so it is a good question when did he start his reign?

the 77 week prophecy we are told leads to 1914 and the gentile times have ended

but recent WTowers have said about 1914 and some translations of this WTower said after 1914Wondering if it’s a new thought, but it would mean we would need an updated understanding of the 77 week prophecy

We always used to think WW1 was to do with Satan being thrown to the earth but now it seems a new thought that it was “about” 1914????

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

What the Witnesses are actually saying, Jesus is in charge and he is to blame for this whole mess we find ourselves in.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I remember explaining to someone Satan was ousted from heaven in 1914 ( therefore that is when Jesus began his kingdom in the fall of 1914. ( Along about Oct if I recall old WT articles correctly) WW! starting was the shown proof of that-the world being engulfed in war after Satan was thrown out. This was being gullible, because it wasn't until within this past year that I put together WW1 started in July and therefore didn't fit the narrative of Jesus beginning to rule in the Fall of 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit