What do you think?

by JRK 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

If a decades-long apostate decides that they should marry a semi-active JW, what odds would you put on the viability of the marriage? If not viable, how long before the shit would hit the fan?

JK

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Entirely depends, I should imagine. Not enough information to go on.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would say that both parties are not thinking it all through- the semi-active one might have elders crawling up their ass with questions and the apostate will suddenly be declared as "fellowshipping" with active ones so that maybe they need to be "dis-fellowshipped." (If they are already disfellowshipped, then the semi-active one has much more to answer about.)

The shit hits the fan in short order- within 4 weeks of telling the elders about being married.

Of course, you could just not tell them. I don't know that there's a rule that they gotta know everything.

• zeb
    zeb

semi active ? Yoiks! Fully active may one day become anything but and semi active is neither one thing nor the other in fact is in a sea of uncertainty.

I suggest that both parties seek a counsellor who is experienced with CULTS and go see them.

For such a marriage I see a lot of un happiness. For such a marriage I see both spending lots of their days dealing with wt interference instead of bonding to each other with similar interests and beliefs.

• JRK
    JRK

My guess is that everything would blow up in less than a month.

JK

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Less than a month seems a bit generous. I'd give it until they wake up in the first morning after their wedding.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

despite all the hype, marriages are made or broken on similar backgrounds and common goals, not the 10 hours and spending vacation at conventions. A semi in witness would probably be OK with missing meetings, and compromising on holidays (just don't get too blatant).

Can the two make a decent life in things like housing, family, recreation, common goals?

• flipper
    flipper

" How long before the shit hits the fan " ?

I'd say about 2 minutes. Probably more details than you care to know about. And the recipient has the shit blown back in his or her face now. Don't sweat it bud. You're luckier than you know. Love ya, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You're luckier than you know. Love ya, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Ain't that the truth.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

100 to 1 against the marriage lasting .

And as for however long it lasted it would be a period of hell.

Semi actives can go back and forth for years never making a decision and are" like a cork in the ocean being tossed this way and that"

And are quite happy to let others they think have authority to make decisions for them .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit