We (in the 21st century) are not living in the biblical "last days."

by quincemyles 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quincemyles
    quincemyles
    All that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24 was fulfilled in the first century. All of Jesus' warnings in that passage were relevant only to natural Jews. (Mat. 15:24)
  • cofty
    cofty
    All that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24 was fulfilled in the first century

Not really.

Jesus' entire ministry was based on the premise that he would return in kingdom glory to judge the world within the lifetime of his first disciples.

He was a false prophet.

• quincemyles
    quincemyles
    Well Jesus returned in kingdom glory within the lifetime of his first disciples. Revelation 1:7 features a message John was given to inform first century Christians to behold (Look out for) the then coming King on the clouds.
  • flipper
    flipper
    " WE are not living in the biblical " last days ". Exactly . I totally agree ! Honesty is so refreshing ! Thanks for the thread - a breath of fresh air ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Jesus Christ! STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES!
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well Jesus returned in kingdom glory within the lifetime of his first disciples. Revelation 1:7 features a message John was given to inform first century Christians to behold (Look out for) the then coming King on the clouds.

Or John found some of the shrooms on Patmos, I like that story better.

• prologos
    prologos
    Patmos? a more pragmatic branch of the Abrahamic promise faiths are looking for a way to paradise via Lesbos, an island near by.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

I don't think the message made it to native America, Africa, South America or China and there were civilizations established in these areas.

Actually every item spoken about of the signs of the End Times were present when those words were scribed.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

SSDD. Same shit, different decade...

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Cofty: He was a false prophet.

Well put Cofty. That sums it all up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit